IGNORED

All Transfers This Summer

These are the definite remaining Everton transfers according to Football-Rumours.com

What do you guys think of all of these?

Everton In

Daniel Szetela £25K

Johann Vogel Free

Alan Smith £6M

Daniel Braaten £1M

Leighton Baines £4M + Lee Carsley

Everton Out

James Beattie £4M

Lee Carsley Part of Leighton Baines Deal

Net Spend:7. 025M

There might also be another loan deal for Manuel Fernandes but it is unlikely this will happen but these players should make the squad big enough for Europe

These are the definite remaining Everton transfers according to Football-Rumours.com

Everton In

Daniel Szetela £25K

Johann Vogel Free

Alan Smith £6M

Daniel Braaten £1M

Everton Out

James Beattie £4M

There might also be another loan deal for Manuel Fernandes but it is unlikely this will happen but these players should make the squad big enough for Europe

Not sure where the Szetela price comes from, but he would be cheap anyway, and probably worth a punt.

Vogel - yes, experienced player, could be a great deal for us.

Smith - not at £6M, wouldn't have minded signing him if the squad was ok in other areas.

Braaten - Don't know enough, but not for me - just sounds like a Johnny Foreigner.

Baines - excellent player, would be a genuine coup for us so a big yes!

However signing Vogel/Smith/Baines which seems to be the likeliest if you believe the spin and selling Carsley/Beattie still leaves us short. For me we would have to get Manny in on loan to even the balance. Still think and hope we can pull something out of the fire for this lad, probaly on deadline day. I'm happy to see Beattie leave especially for £4M, I would sacrifice Carsley although I think he has been an excellent servant. But the notion of having to include him in p/e for Baines seems to suggest we couldn't afford a midfield replacement, Moyes might think Vogel is that man, but one-out, one-in is not squad building. Ergo, we need Manny back.

In an ideal world, it would be Baines/Vogel/Fernandes in, Smith an optional luxury, and Carsley/Beattie out. That might sound greedy, but in net spending terms, it still wouldn't make a dent on some of our rivals spending.

Baines £4M + Carsley

Vogel - lets say we do a deal with Betis to cover his unpaid wages - £350,000.

Fernandes - loan

Smith - if we did sign him, would probaly be £6M on the drip given he is an England inernational and other clubs are in for him.

Adding Jagielka for £4M and Pienaar on loan;

NET SPEND £14.35M (lets call it £14.5 M).

LESS: Naysmith (£1M) + Beattie (£4M, don't think we would get that, but still)= £5M.

TOTAL OUTLAY = £9.5 M - but a miracle if acheived! (and we would be faced next year with a minimum £10M outlay for Fernandes and Pienaar if we wanted to make them permanent, before signing anybody else in 2008/9). Which means I would overlook Smith, Vaughan will be back well before we know it, and we still have AJ/Anichebe, McFadden, and Cahill could be played behind AJ in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

So for me, Baines, Vogel, and Manny please.

Edited by Rupert_Fuffeinsmuir III

Everton In

Daniel Szetela £25K

Johann Vogel Free

Alan Smith £6M

Daniel Braaten £1M

Everton Out

James Beattie £4M

I'd take all of them without a second thought really.

Vogel has a wealth of experience and would add depth, esepcially if cars goes as part of baines deal.

Baines for 4m plus an ageing carsley is a quelity deal, defo comin out on top in that transfer.

Disappointing to be honest - we need a wide midfielder.

It is 25k because we would need to buy him out of his Major League Soccer wage I believe

Braaten is a wide midfield player, plays mostly on the wing but if he don't come off then we could do with another wide man but with either pienaar and vdm to play with mikel we ain't in despearte need as i prefer mikel playin wide anyway.

the 25k is thort to be the amount of compo we'd owe MLS for taking him as hes under 24.

On the smith note, its not everyday we have the chance to buy some1 of his all round quality, He'd flourish in our team as he can drop off or hold the ball up enabling aj to peg it in behind. All good buys and wud love to see manuel back

If we had that much money Fernandes would be at Everton, whilst he was here, my friends dad became one of his best mates and is going over to portugal in a few weeks to stay with him for a few days. He loved it here and im sure he would come back.

If carlsey is gunna go to Wigan we need to get Vogel in

Smith is a decent player and I do think he would be alright, but whats the point spending 6 million on him, if we just keep on the low and have a look around we could get a quality player in for that much, Zigic who has been linked with city is alot better and would be around the same price a think.

Braaten would be a decent addition maybe just on loan with a view to sign, he's a decent player but we dont no if he will settle so why waste money again

Edited by Blue4Ever

Not to bad

I think Bratten is out of contract in January - so a nominal fee needed to bring him in now.

Braaten has become one of the most profiled players of the Norwegian Premier League, through his colourful, untraditional and artistic playing style. He has become known especially for his individual technical skills and physical strength, and as a player who will do unexpected things on the field, surprising both opposing players as well as the audience.

Recent stories report that Daniel Braaten will leave Rosenborg when his contract expires in January 2007. Several Premiership are reported to be interested. Bolton Wanderers look set to capture Braaten's signature over the next couple of days for a nominal fee. He has also been linked with Everton.

Is going to be a cheap enough player on small wages - could be a hit could be a flop in the Prem - Might be a good player to have on the subs bench, to bring on to do the unexpected when your chasing a goal.

if im honest i think we will get one of them.

and it probs will be vogel or braaten.

i doubt baines as wigan might not want carsley. i doubt we got 6mill for smith.

i dont understand where the money from davies, kilbane ( on the last day of the transfer market last season so it couldnt been spent on johnson etc.), rooney bonus, naysmith gone. nevermind the tv money and aint a chairman ment to invest money into the team.

i support BK but come on MONEY TALKS AND BULLSHIT WALKS. tbh i think that is all we are gettin from him.

i think we are all gettin fed up of this. BK aint got the money to invest in us.

Edited by Foxon