IGNORED

Why Can't We Win The League?

Optimism is a lovely thing and should always be applauded but come on, does anyone SERIOUSLY think that Everton will come anywhere near winning the league this season? Or (barring an Abramovich-style takeover) anytime in the next ten years??

Everton are a long way behind the top 4 in terms of money, size of squad and (sorry to say it) quality of squad. Realistically I can see Everton finishing 5th this season, under competition from Spurs and maybe Newcastle, and that is about right in all honestly

I think we will struggle to finnish higher than 7th ie a european spot.

To much competition this season. Ill be more than satisfied to get another UEFA cup spot

Is 7th necessarily a European place? I think you are right though, Uefa Cup is realistic, its just that the top 4 (not to mention the top 2!) is an extremely hard nut to crack

Is 7th necessarily a European place? I think you are right though, Uefa Cup is realistic, its just that the top 4 (not to mention the top 2!) is an extremely hard nut to crack

Thas the point i was trying to make saying 7th... i think maybe we WONT get a UEFA spot as it may be difficult to get in the top 6

Can I just ask all these 'realistic' Blues, exactly which teams in the league they think are better than us outside the top four? When answering, look back at the players that they have and their track records, not at potentially what they can do, as potentially, we CAN win the league and that according to everyone, potentially seems to be a wholly unrealistic argument.

Also think about how solid the team was last season and the number of consistent and versatile performers we have at our disposal now. Our league position was no fluke last year and was well deserved, this year, I don't see any side that has strengthened cleverly, although plenty of teams have been throwing money around. Thank god for Moysey.

Its not just as simple as who is better than us.... we are in a group of 6-7 inconsistant sides that blow hot and cold all season

Lets say Spurs are better than us

then you have in our little group

newcastle reading aston villa blackburn portsmouth ect ect

these teams could all finish anywhere between 5th and 12th say

i guess we will be struggling in thagt bunch of teams

They will do better than last season but won't break the Top 6

IMO the top 4 will be the same as last season (slightly re-arranged maybe), and Spurs, Everton and Newcastle will occupy 5th, 6th and 7th (again not NECESSARILY in that order)

Oh, and the Blades will win the Championship ;)

Edited by Rocco

City will be in the top 8, even though reading are a very good team at home there not that good away from home, so I dont think they will be top 8 so I think

Arsenal

Us

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Tottenham

Newcastle

City

IMO there the teams going to be in the top 8, its just where everyone is.

1. small squad

2. other top clubs have god knows how much money but we have a budget soo we cant just splash out on any1 we want we have too push for the money but if we did win dat wud be fantastic

Small squad YES, but its looking like a bloody good one. If we can avoid injuries and too many bookings this has the potential to be one of our better seasons. However given our higher than usual optimism this season it also has the potential to be one of the most disappointing.

Of course we can win the league!......So at the start of the season can anyone!

Reasons why we probably wont win the league:

1.Small squad,already without Cahill and Vaughan....What if we lost Arteta and Lescott?

2.Playing in Europe will stretch us a bit with injuries and amount of games!

3.Other teams are able to cope with the above better than us!

BUT....we have probably got a better squad than the one that finished 4th...AND if

we have luck with injuries and sign a couple of other players,we could be there again.

Probably best think about 4th and above after about 10 games.Then if we are in the top

4 with a full squad available.....start thinking big.

The Manchester City forums will be full of people just like us!

Hardly.

We would be happy with top 8, over the moon with top 6, if we got top 4 we would demand that City return to previous form because we would have nothing to complain about.

Edited by ChopperMCFC

we need to let the dust settle before we kick off at the board if manny chose valencia over us that is him being a wanker. If the FA fucked this up for us then some questions need to be asked. The club will have to publish something offcial if we don't get him because they have almost told us they have signed him