IGNORED

Good Music

Sandman

when Down III comes out (sept 25). ive heard a few leaks from it and it sounds really good. phil anselmo has got his act together at last. and the music is a great blend of southern blues and metal.

also do you watch the show metalocalypse because theres an album coming out around the same time Down III comes out.

you like Pantera or Damageplan?

i'll keep an eye out for Down III... and i've never seen metalocalypse, what channel is it?

i like pantera, just learnt the riff from cemetary gates :D dont know much about damageplan. what kind of music are they?

btw have you heard the new korn album? got it as soon as it came out, good stuff.

cemetery gates is an easy song to learn.

metalocalypse is on adult swim. but you can see all the episodes on youtube. its about an insanely popular death metal band and the show is hilarious.

damgeplan is the band dimebag and vinnie paul formed after pantera split. they play music in the style of the vulgar display of power/far beyond driven era. its really good. the album is called new found power and its ace. the singer was the guitarist for Rob halfords solo project and did a tour with killswitch engage. but boy hes an ace singer

cool, i'll check it out on youtube, sounds fun

ive got rob halfords first solo album (resurrection) and the guitar work is great, silent screams the best song imo. i'll try and check out some stuff by damageplan.

do you like in flames? heard come clarity recently, its ace.

Nice thread! :D My era is mainly 80's/90's though, so I wouldn't be much help suggesting new stuff. My older brother fed me a steady diet of hard rock & 70's metal while I was growing up, but I went off exploring on my own once I got into high school (early 90's), and that was when I started discovering bands like Maiden, Armored Saint, Tool, and of course Metallica. Never looked back. :) I don't keep up with the latest thrash bands anymore, but one of my college friends played bass for a prog-metal band in LA up until this summer (he just moved to Oregon), and he's put me on to some bands in that style, like Symphony X and Nightwish, that are staples of my collection now.

havent heard that much disturbed. Nightwish are great, cant wait til their new album comes out... this month i think it is. does anyone like black label society or korn?

US release date for the new album is October 2; don't know if it'll be the same for you in Britain. I haven't had a chance to listen to the first single yet (Amaranth), but I hope it's good - they fired Tarja at the end of their last tour, and I don't know anything about her replacement.

• 3 weeks later...