IGNORED

Disgrace

dixie_efc

update - hibbo made two good crosses today! i nearly wet myself!

Was also left exposed several times by Arteta not backtracking, Hibbert had words with him and was waving him back.

This is why we need proper wingers, we need to keep Arteta in the centre circle where he can do some Damage, and not playing as an extra fullback.

Haven't been here for a while. A combination of working hard and not having time.

Well, hasn't this thread caused a stir??? :P

Firstly, I don't quite understand how anyone could say that Moyes has to go. If your panicking, just be thankful your not a Spurs fan!

I do agree that there are some alarming concerns in our general play so far this season. We seemed to start pretty well and it all went wrong against Kharkiv. I would say that the shoddy referee REALLY didn't help, and the debaucle that was the penalty fiasco has probably set AJ back further!! (Is he really injured or on a sabaticle????) HOWEVER, I think that Moyes, for once, decided to be brave and try something new with the 4-3-3 and it blew up in his face big time. It was like watching schoolboys. They were so full of themselves, they all forgot that they need to come back to cover and there was no tracking back. The gaps left at the back were SHOCKING. How on gods earth was a team down to 10 men allowed sooooooo much space behind our defense. This game then seemed to infect the players psyche and the sure footed defending we were expecting simply vanished.

We rode our luck against Boro, but ground out the result that we wanted. We just need to go to Kharkiv and play it safe, use a system the players know and show the Ukranians how to play football. We know have Arteta back, and with Pienaar starting to show some consistency, I think they will struggle with us on Thursday. There is no doubt that we have been missing too many key players recently, and that is not the managers fault. I would criticise his managing of the squad for the last few weeks, as well as some rather risky tactical experiments, but if they had paid off, everyone would be telling us how good he IS.

I wouldn't shout for his head just yet. See the season out, and if our position hasn't been consolodated, backed with some good cup runs, I might start to question DM's position. But even then, I would ask, who else is there that could do a better job. I would bet not many.

Nice to be back. Chin up lads!! :D