IGNORED

X Box 360 Advice

jamiemaher85

I'm thinking of getting an x box 360 in a week or so and wanted to ask people a few questions as i havn't really paid that much attention to it and don't know too much about it.

What games can people recommend, beyond the obvious (i.e pro eve/ fifa and halo- i had an xbox so know this is ae already)

also what are the key differences between the core console, premieum, arcade... all the different ones. Do the wireless controllers work with the core console? as i saw that it comes with wired ones so was unsure wheter this meant you couldn;t use wireless as well.

lastly, do xbox controllers work on the 360? i know the games do but not so sure abut controllers.

any advice would be much appreciated

1. i can recommend these - rainbow 6 : vegas, Dead Rising, crackdown, gears of war

2. not too sure about the differences except the cheapest is not wireless (i think) and doesnt come with a hardrive or something.

3. No the old xbox pads dont work on it unfortually. (well i think, im 99% sure they dont)

Well not much help there am I lol

Edited by Everton Lad

If your looking to go online id get gears of was or rainbow 6 vegas there both good online games i like and are great to play offline aswell on the story modes.

bar that just get what your intrested in.

and the 360 controlers are usb plug ins so unless you can get a changer (i doubt) you need to buy the 360 conroller

would defenately advise you to get one as i would to anyone. :)

I'm thinking of getting an x box 360 in a week or so and wanted to ask people a few questions as i havn't really paid that much attention to it and don't know too much about it.

What games can people recommend, beyond the obvious (i.e pro eve/ fifa and halo- i had an xbox so know this is ae already)

Rainbow six vegas, blue dragon, ghost recon advanced warfighter. There are few good titles coming out too GTA 4 and Assassins Creed look the best of the up and coming.

also what are the key differences between the core console, premieum, arcade... all the different ones. Do the wireless controllers work with the core console? as i saw that it comes with wired ones so was unsure wheter this meant you couldn;t use wireless as well.

There are three options, core, premium and elite. I wouldn't bother getting a core edition -it has no hard drive and controllers are wired. Premium has 20gb hard drive and wireless controllers, elite is basically a premium but is black in colour, has a hdmi port for use with the new tvs and has a 120gb hard disk. If you have the cash plump for the elite, if not get a premium. They are going to allow you to record tv programs and such this year and the 20gb you get with a premium isn't really adequate anymore. All can play dvds (region 2 and region free only). Itunes is going to be released on it next year so you can buy songs to listen to on the 360, there will also be a hd-dvd store.

The 'arcade' is basically a shop on the xbox, you can download old classics such as sonic the hedgehog and paperboy and play them on the 360 from the hard drive (i.e. you can't do this with a core). You need a internet connection on the 360 for the arcade.

lastly, do xbox controllers work on the 360? i know the games do but not so sure abut controllers.

No they don't. There are a few extra buttons on the 360 controllers - the big x in the middle which brings up the main menu and two triggers on each side (handy for shooting games).

any advice would be much appreciated

Xbox live membership costs £40 per year (so you can play other people)

You'll need a wireless router if you want to use the wireless adapter (just so you know)

The wireless adapater costs around 55 quid..

It's an expensive toy but it's very good.

Amazon have a special offer at the moment..

elite and halo 3 or pgr 4 for £299..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...indhotelinth-21 expires on oct 17th so be quick if you want it :P

Old Xbox controllers don't work on 360

The Core has a wired controller and a beige disk tray and no hard drive.

The Premium has a wireless controller a hard drive and a silver disk tray.

Wireless controllers work on a core but it only comes with a wired one.

I would recommend the premium as you will prob want a hard drive eventually. The elite is the same as the premium but it is black and has a bigger hard drive (which is currently useless as Microsoft have still not released video marketplace in Europe.)

Good Games:

Gears of War

Halo 3

Bioshock

Oblivion

PGR4

Dead Rising

Rainbow Six Vegas

Guitar Hero II (I would hold off on this one tho cos Guitar Hero III is out next month)

Orange Box is coming out next fri which will be good.

Pro Evo 2008 is out end of the month too.

If your looking to go online id get gears of was or rainbow 6 vegas there both good online games i like and are great to play offline aswell on the story modes.

bar that just get what your intrested in.

and the 360 controlers are usb plug ins so unless you can get a changer (i doubt) you need to buy the 360 conroller

would defenately advise you to get one as i would to anyone. :)

hey if they are usb you could use them of the pc yes?

Just sold my 360.... Today, had to drive to Leicster to do it, could see Walkers Stadium where we dropped it off and couldn't help shouting 18th in the league!

Anyway back onto topic, the best game by far that I have played is GoW, excellent story mode and online play.

yeah just go for it mate, you wont regret it... been getting in trouble with the missus recently over the 360 though!!!

just bought halo 3 and the online play is brilliant... gears of war is also a must... havent played rainbow 6 so i wouldnt know about that one but guitar hero is the most fun you can have on a console (providing you are into that type of thing!) and the new call of duty is out soon...

plus a brilliant game i picked up recently is skate, its a skateboarding sim and its really fun and satisfyling to play....

depends what you're into, but there's something for everyone.

Guitar Hero 2 (GH3 and Rockband on the way)

Project Gotham Racing 4, Forza 2

Orange Box (not from personal experience, but highly recommended by fps fans I know)

and if you want a couple of underrated crackers that'll probably be cheap to pick up:

Chromehounds

Flatout: Ultimate Carnage

• 2 months later...

core xbox cant play on LIVE unless u get 1 of those MB things

Premium can play live not as much memory elite cums with like 120 GB and u dont need tht much i bought an elite and sent it back week later not worth the money not go enough time with a rugby team football team and goin gym everyday not even mentioning collage i would get a premium if u wona play online but if u just want 2 play on urself or with a mate at urs id buy core no point in muyin the others

Wen does grand theft auto xv come owt wen it does u shud get tht best game ever!!!!!

I play both, but i'm better at Pro Evo, however Pro Evo online is fucking awful so it should be fifa becasue you can actually play that properly. I'm not that good at it yet though as i have played pro for years and only just started playing fifa again. But as much as i love pro it just doesn't cut it online

lol, my cousin has fifa online, and i hate the fukin game, he scores Goals from the half way line, and every1 that play Fifa is Wank at it online.

where the hell are you getting this shit from. your starting to piss me off with post after post of bullshit. fifa 08 you do not score from the half way line, if u hit the target its an achievement. and im a pro evo player turned this year, i would fancy my chances more against a pro evo player, but i can assure you that I and other fifa players like myself are not wank online, in the slightest.

well dont read my posts then, not hard. This is a Forum for people to post their OPINIONS so learn to deal with it. and btw i did see him score from the half way line.

learn to deal with what, your posts are not opinions, they're shite. you get things wrong, which isn't an opinion its you being a retard. 1 post in 10 is an opinion like i think aj will start today, but saying fifa players cant play online or that say bentley is lazy, is jsut ill informed, and then you change what you've said...so you did see him score...so it's no longer several goals like you make out, or did he score a hattrick of them in one game? as a fifa player, you just don't hit the target from the half way line anymore, not often anyway, for him to score on 08 from the half way line, i wudnt believe it unless i see it online, unless of course he was playing a mong who had his keeper wondering around at right back

we go from everton worshipper to blue forever and now you... what is this, a special school? atleast one of the previously mentioned has sorted himself out a bit, and it isn't you

Edited by CraccerC

i have thought that it's me, but i snapped out of it. if you've ever watched bentley you wouldn't say that, and the fact you call him lazy makes me think you haven't, therefore you have no grounds for opinions. if bentley is lazy then name me someone who isn't, because whether you think he's a good player or not, the lad gives his all, and for a wide midfielder he gets stuck in and helps out a lot, he's probably infact the most involved winger in the premiership in terms of getting involved defensively.