IGNORED

Roy Keane

Is it just me or is he doing a really bad job this season? He seems to manage to stay out of the bookies tips to be fired and escapes criticism in the press, but in reality he's spent a LOT of money and I don't think he's even bought a half-decent player never mind a decent one. He's constantly running his mouth off about overpaid prima donnas etc and how much other managers have spent, yet for my money, he's done one of the worst jobs this season. I know he got them promoted but the signings he has made this season are woeful, I saw them against City the other night (or about an hr of it) and it was one of the worst games I've ever seen, both teams were abysmal (no way will City finish top 6 on that performance, I can't believe a team with Vassell, that other tank up front and Sun Jihai/Hamann is above us - not for long) but Sunderland just didn't have a single player who looked anything other than a bona fide donkey.

Hamann has looked classy this season. I think Sven has done a good job, but he's always been a decent club manager.

As for Sunderland, that Jones looks good up front in the Prem, whilst their other main signings are all injured I think. I dunno, I think Keane will be a good manager, but maybe he is too young for a job this big?

Hamann has looked classy this season. I think Sven has done a good job, but he's always been a decent club manager.

As for Sunderland, that Jones looks good up front in the Prem, whilst their other main signings are all injured I think. I dunno, I think Keane will be a good manager, but maybe he is too young for a job this big?

Hamann has always been able to do a job, up to a point, but his lack of pace is really starting to show for me. He's still a good squad player and City have had an excellent start, but watching them last night they looked a shambles. Obviously they were missing whatshisname (their best defender?) but they looked poor all over the pitch. I think Sven is a decent manager and he may go out and spend more in January, but after seeing City last night I certainly think Everton can definitely overtake them if we put a run together. As far as I'm concerned, when all teams are full strength we have the 5th best in the country, and we're not far behind Liverpool at all. With the cups etc then I think we'll have our work cut out but I still think we can finish above the likes of Blackburn, Pompey and City, certainly in or around the top 6 - unless we get a lot of injuries or have major runs in all cup competitions! :)

Didn't see the whole match but I thought Kenwyn looked a bit of a gangly donkey! but I'll reserve judgement, still cant believe how much money he spent on Chopra, Richardson etc oh and the goalie!

Keane Did Take them from Relegation Zone to Champions in what was it 42 games? What you Must Remember with sunderland is no-one has really battered them, they have shown great spirit ( i think of them fighting back from 2-0 down vs arsenal) and they have a nack of scoring late goals.

it depends on the situation there, if keane has told the board he can keep them up comfortably then maybe he's under pressure, however if he told them relegation dogfight might stay up, might not then he safe.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't exactly say Gordon was an 'awesome' signing, he paid about £10m for him, you'd expect a good goalie for that amount - for my money Howard is the awesome signing, equally as good (if not better) and probably about half the price.

Keane isn't in the same boat as most other promoted teams, how many other managers who have come up from the Championship spent the money he has? I think spending that money they should be expected to stay up without too many difficulties, yet they look unbelievably poor. Let's just hope Everton do them over on Sat! :D