IGNORED

Formation

well, yes, as a CB playing RB isnt much out. where anything other than a GK playing there is a bit silly

Do you think Jags is a good midfielder? by what we have seen from him in that spot

I remember when Jags was at Sheff Utd, Paddy Kenny went off injured, they didnt have a sub keeper so Jags went in goal for around 40mins and he was actually very good, he kept a clean sheet and they won 1- 0.

Just wanted to make a point that he can play in goal as well like.

My point is though, why on earth sign an established Danish international right back, then not use him, and proceed to disrupt the whole defence by moving your best defender out of his best natural position, is quite beyond me, to be honest. The defence does not look the same without him in the middle

Im pretty sure it was against Arsenal too.

Drop Howard......................

Edited by StevO

Do you think Jags is a good midfielder? by what we have seen from him in that spot

I remember when Jags was at Sheff Utd, Paddy Kenny went off injured, they didnt have a sub keeper so Jags went in goal for around 40mins and he was actually very good, he kept a clean sheet and they won 1- 0.

Just wanted to make a point that he can play in goal as well like.

My point is though, why on earth sign an established Danish international right back, then not use him, and proceed to disrupt the whole defence by moving your best defender out of his best natural position, is quite beyond me, to be honest. The defence does not look the same without him in the middle

Im pretty sure it was against Arsenal too.

Drop Howard......................

Please address youir question to Mr D Moyes c/o EFC and he will reply on the lines already stated..............the guy is not as good as the player occupying that position at present

Edited by Jimmy the blue

bored of tidying up your multi posts (but im dedicated so i'll carry on)

anyway...

...jags first few games for us, when he was playing in midfield, i thought he was outstanding. against united at home him and neville played centre mid together. jags did the job of both men and did a great job, after that he played pretty poor in midfield. also this season in the couple of games in the middle he was pretty poor too. so im gunna go with, no i dont think hes a very good midfielder, he has played a few games there well.

next...

...when he played in goal he did do well. but lets be sensible, hes not gunna start a game in goal is he, its not like its playing someone out of position.

i see your point in why buy a player and not use him, but let me ask a question. do you remember per koldrup? proven international defender, paid good money for him. he didnt play, when they did throw him in what happened? villa stuck four on us. he was shite, maybe moyes has learnt to trust his proven players. now jags is playing out of a position where we have seen him excel, but its not like hes playing badly. hes just not hitting the highs he was at centre half. yobo is doing a good job since he came in too. but if you keep wanting to see this proven international play, just remember per koldrup. still a proven international and still playing top flight football for fiorentina.

bored of tidying up your multi posts (but im dedicated so i'll carry on)

anyway...

...jags first few games for us, when he was playing in midfield, i thought he was outstanding. against united at home him and neville played centre mid together. jags did the job of both men and did a great job, after that he played pretty poor in midfield. also this season in the couple of games in the middle he was pretty poor too. so im gunna go with, no i dont think hes a very good midfielder, he has played a few games there well.

next...

...when he played in goal he did do well. but lets be sensible, hes not gunna start a game in goal is he, its not like its playing someone out of position.

i see your point in why buy a player and not use him, but let me ask a question. do you remember per koldrup? proven international defender, paid good money for him. he didnt play, when they did throw him in what happened? villa stuck four on us. he was shite, maybe moyes has learnt to trust his proven players. now jags is playing out of a position where we have seen him excel, but its not like hes playing badly. hes just not hitting the highs he was at centre half. yobo is doing a good job since he came in too. but if you keep wanting to see this proven international play, just remember per koldrup. still a proven international and still playing top flight football for fiorentina.

My last post on this, but if Jacobsen is shite why did he sign him and why are we paying him every week to warm the bench with no intention of ever using him?

panic buy. we needed another body he was available, and cheap. and he has a contract so cant exactly stop paying the lad.

plenty of clubs buy players and they turn out to be crap when they are seen from close quarters, and dont get played. some are more expensive big time flops (veron, keane) others dont cost much so they arent as big a risk and tend to just blend away or move on.

Edited by StevO