IGNORED

Arteta Update

FairWooney

An update direct from the Tweets of Mikel Arteta today.

Sounds like pretty much another month before we see him playing.

His message today:

"

Jogging today and feeling good, kicking the ball by maybe next week, I want to play by Xmas maybe. M.A.

"

Amusing post a couple of days ago about the big Philly style

"Finch Farm is Sunny today , Phil is like a Duck on crutches. M.A. "

And other exciting Arteta news is that he's now adding Welsh to his already impressive list of spoken languages!

it's sometimes amazing how long it takes footballers to get over an injury.

I turned my foot pretty badly playing squash the other week but after a bit of ice decided that I didn't need to see a doctor or physio.

It's been painful since but after missing 1 11 a side match and 1 5 a side match I felt mildly ok walking so decided to play the next weekend. I could feel while warming up that it was already hurting. Did I pull out...did I bollocks?! I played 60 minutes of pain probably damaging my foot even more eventually scoring and asking to come off!

It may have been a broken metertarsal(yep i'm trying to join the club) as having looked at quite a bit online it seemed like the most likely thing.

Did playing in pain damage me....probably. It still has the occasional agitation 2 weeks later but i've done a fait bit of running and a few football matches.

what am I saying...footballers are pansies who with a pain killer could put in a full stint on a damaged leg....but who would probably shorten their career's by about 5 years because of it!!! :D