3 replies to this topic

#1 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 27 Nov 2009 - 14:19

An update direct from the Tweets of Mikel Arteta today.

Sounds like pretty much another month before we see him playing.

His message today:
"
Jogging today and feeling good, kicking the ball by maybe next week, I want to play by Xmas maybe. M.A.
"

Amusing post a couple of days ago about the big Philly style

"Finch Farm is Sunny today , Phil is like a Duck on crutches. M.A. "

And other exciting Arteta news is that he's now adding Welsh to his already impressive list of spoken languages!

#2 craigb

craigb

King Louis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 27 Nov 2009 - 14:47

I seen him yesterday in town, all kids were trying to stop him for pics an that. He looked rather smart , seemed to be walking ok, get him in for the derbyyyyyyyyyyyyy haha!

#3 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 27 Nov 2009 - 15:15

it's sometimes amazing how long it takes footballers to get over an injury.

I turned my foot pretty badly playing squash the other week but after a bit of ice decided that I didn't need to see a doctor or physio.

It's been painful since but after missing 1 11 a side match and 1 5 a side match I felt mildly ok walking so decided to play the next weekend. I could feel while warming up that it was already hurting. Did I pull out...did I bollocks?! I played 60 minutes of pain probably damaging my foot even more eventually scoring and asking to come off!

It may have been a broken metertarsal(yep i'm trying to join the club) as having looked at quite a bit online it seemed like the most likely thing.

Did playing in pain damage me....probably. It still has the occasional agitation 2 weeks later but i've done a fait bit of running and a few football matches.

what am I saying...footballers are pansies who with a pain killer could put in a full stint on a damaged leg....but who would probably shorten their career's by about 5 years because of it!!! :D

#4 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,152 posts

Posted 27 Nov 2009 - 15:18

I'm looking forward to having him back, but I'm not looking forward to the anxiety I'll feel every time someone challenges him :unsure:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users