9 replies to this topic

#1 The Beard

The Beard

Joe Royle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 20 Jul 2010 - 17:49

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere on the site but Everton have become the first North West club to ban the goddam things, thank fook for that. I ain't no killjoy but they are bloody annoying. A sensible decision from our board of directors or whoever made the decision. :D

Edited by The Beard, 20 Jul 2010 - 17:50.

#2 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 20 Jul 2010 - 19:18

Didn't Liverpool ban them earlier? :P

#3 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 20 Jul 2010 - 22:31

Thank fook those things really got on my t1ts during the World Cup and to an extent spoilt it not much if any atmosphere at games just those over grown golf t's drowning everything out

#4 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 20 Jul 2010 - 22:45

Silly to do so in my opinion. Those who take them would be encouraged or discouraged from using them again after a game or so anyway! Posted Image

#5 Ganden

Ganden

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 Jul 2010 - 22:55

I personally don't mind them, but I know majority want them piled up and set on fire. So good on Goodison for the ban :)

#6 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,619 posts

Posted 21 Jul 2010 - 06:04

Silly to do so in my opinion. Those who take them would be encouraged or discouraged from using them again after a game or so anyway! Posted Image

Yeah but I would imagine having a vuvuzela shoved up your arse would offend and could incite crowd trouble!

They are the only thing from the World Cup that was more annoying than Capello's team selection so Im fullly behind banning them

#7 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 21 Jul 2010 - 13:25

Would there have been a problem at Goodison if it hadn't been banned?

#8 The Beard

The Beard

Joe Royle

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 21 Jul 2010 - 15:18

Yes, the probability of violence offered to any fooker who blew one and that is without any hint of sarcasm.

#9 The Regulator

The Regulator

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 Jul 2010 - 17:30

Would there have been a problem at Goodison if it hadn't been banned?

I doubt it, but then again kids probably like them, and would you really want to see a loud of louts booing kids for having em because there ruining the game?

#10 The Beard

The Beard

Joe Royle

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 22 Jul 2010 - 10:54

I doubt it, but then again kids probably like them, and would you really want to see a loud of louts booing kids for having em because there ruining the game?

Obviously not booting kids but what about a middle aged man, wearing a Liverpool shirt with 'Carragher and Gerrard True Scousers' emblazoned on the back, carrying and blowing a vuvuzela bedecked with red bunting and a red 'Teddy Bear', I reckon he would deserve a booting. It's a pity I never had my phone, to take a picture, when I witnessed the clown in the pub watching the England/ Serbia game, embarrassing beyond belief.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users