IGNORED

Who Shall We Buy?

David

Although our squad is the best i've seen in my lifetime i do feel we need to add to it if we are to compete for 4th place again next season. Firstly we need a young defensive midfielder a superb prospect and very young so can learn from Cars and Nev. Secondly James Milner, he surely can't be happy at Newcastle and would look to move. He is a great England prospect and i feel would fit right in at Everton, does anyone agree? I also feel a sub keeper is desperately needed and possibly a good strong defender. I liked the idea of Manny coming back but at the moment he's a waste a space and should go.

Any body else with suggestions??????

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Reg Reagan

ALonso is shit.

Flamini isnt exactly world class.

Bentley I will definitely take.

Michael Baraja is the best option to take from valencia

ALonso is shit.

Flamini isnt exactly world class.

Bentley I will definitely take.

Michael Baraja is the best option to take from valencia

Alonso is a great player but is performing poorly at the moment. He probably realises that he plays with a bunch of n*bs.

Flamini is a great little player. Not world class but we are hardly shopping in those arena's are? There is no world class player at Everton.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be perfectly happy if our summer ended up with us getting:

Arshavin (10 mil or more probably with his current form...but he could absolutely ignite our attack)

Pienaar (Sign him to a permanent deal)

Michael Bradley or Manny Fernandes (One or the other would be fine, groomed to be a holding midfielder...imagine it'd be 5 mil for Bradley and around 8-9 for Manny)

Adding a striker is kind of a iffy idea; the problem is that we can't keep 4 strikers healthy. If Vaughan was more reliable then I would say we are fine but I suppose we should add one for a couple mil.

Guest Reg Reagan

as the title suggests, who would you buy?

IMO i would consider:

Michael Baraja - £6million since he can play DM and we really need one as well so he will be a good buy

Aaron Lennon - £9million and he is looking more likely to leave and it would be fantastic to have him in the team

Dean Ashton - £10million and i think that ashton will work well the yak and AJ upfront

Discussing names is fun but not productive. It's what Everton need rather than who.

Firstly, quantity. The first team squad is too small. Two games a week, all of which are important if the team is competing for trophies, means a first team squad of at least 30. Everton are short in midfield and defence. With the current squad, players get fatigued and then don't play well, or play when not fully fit - see Arteta.

Quantity doesn't mean any player to make up the numbers. It means players at least as good as those who are here already.

Therefore, four midfield players, a right-back and a central defender are required to increase squad numbers.

For extra quality, a right-sided midfield player who can cross the ball, a right-back who can cross the ball, and at least one attacking midfield player of the highest class.

I would like to see Glen Johnson come in at right back.

Joe Cole wants to leave Chelsea but would probably cost too much.

And a defensive midfielder as Carsley can't carry on for ever.

Proof?

If I was moyes and had 20 million

Pienaar - 2 million

Manny - if the fee was around 8 million which I think they would take while they still have that manager.

Id put a 10 million offer in for Diarra at pompy - if we got him then id be delighted with them 3

but we need a rightback badly <_<

my mates supports arsenal and he says hoyte is shite so personally I wouldn't buy him but on loan and then an option to sign then great.

--------------------Yakubu----------------------

---Pienaar---------Cahill----------Arteta------

--------------Diarra-----Fernandes------------

Baines------Lescott--------Yobo---------Hoyte

---------------------Howard---------------------

I think that team would really challenge the scum for 4th

I would love to see Arshavin come in, think he would really add some depth to the squad. From what i've seen and heard of Bradley i think he could also be a very good addition to the squad and also a young replacement for Cars. Also would like to see Hoyte come in on loan.

Additions

Arshavin

Bradley

Hoyte (loan)

Also i would like to see Manny stay, just not for a stupid price tag. Think i would be willing to go to around 8m or so.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Luke Young and Matt Derbyshire ..couple younguns

1. luke young isn't young, despite his name

2. matt derbyshire...average

3. to other posts, please let's not turn this into a championship manager thread, it's pathetic. i see enough of that on nsno, henry? put the pipe down

Guest blueboy122

I Would Love Us To Sign That Adam Johnson The Young Lad From Boro

And....

Toomy Huddlestone. I Think He Would Be A Great Replacement For Carsley. Same Type Of Player Isnt He? I Think Huddlestone Offers More Than Carsley AswelL. More Creative On The Ball And A Better Passer Of The Ball. Would Give Us Height And Strengh In The Midfeild Also!

I Think We Need To Spend Around 30 Million In The Summer To Keep Us Moving In The Right Direction. Some Good Names Been Thrown Around. Like The Sound Of Hoyte Aswell At Right Back. Great At Getting Forward

O And Also I Would Love Us To Sign That Mexican Is It Or Argintinain? The 6ft 4 Fella! Forgotten His Name I Think Hes Young Aswell

Edited by blueboy122

Hi...i look at the forum because my girlfriends little lad declared himself..''blue'' a few weeks ago...

interesting that some of you think Lennon would be a good addition..

As a Spurs memeber..i go every week home and most away..i see him week in week out...Last year he was awesome..seemed to have added a bit to his game in terms of crossing and finishing...

Now he has reverted back to just being rapid..now im not dismissing pace out of hand..but that in itself aint enough on a football pitch...he hasn't really added anything more to his game...and although im sure he would excite fans when he gets the ball..as he has done at the Lane...more often then not he has no end product in terms of goals or decent crosses/final balls etc...

Maybe you guys could bring him on more...id like to think we can give him a bit more time...but if the money was right I wouldn't cry too many tears if he went....

hope u lot can hang onto 5th by the way..or even pip the other lot to 4th spot....

Toomy Huddlestone. I Think He Would Be A Great Replacement For Carsley. Same Type Of Player Isnt He? I Think Huddlestone Offers More Than Carsley AswelL. More Creative On The Ball And A Better Passer Of The Ball. Would Give Us Height And Strengh In The Midfeild Also!

He would be a great signing