IGNORED

Kirkby 'cheap And Nasty'?

Louis

The club (and Tesco) would say that it's actually a £150m stadium and it's only costing £100m due to Tesco's involvement.

That would put it behind only Arsenal and the City of Manchester on cost per seat.

I still like the stadium, as do many people I think, it's the location and infrastructure that are the problem isn't it?

The club (and Tesco) would say that it's actually a £150m stadium and it's only costing £100m due to Tesco's involvement.

That would put it behind only Arsenal and the City of Manchester on cost per seat.

I still like the stadium, as do many people I think, it's the location and infrastructure that are the problem isn't it?

I can't stand the stadium myself. It's a cheap, tin pot stadium in my eyes. I'd probably be more accepting of the stadium being in Kirkby if it was the 'world class' stadium Wyness and Co. made it out to be.

I think they've give up on the idea it costs £150m now.

They say it's worth £130million and that Everton are contributing to £78million and there's a shortfall of £52million with a grant from NWDA for £10million.

£130million/50000 = £2600 per seat

http://www.knowsley.gov.uk/resources/22832...alStatement.pdf

A lot of information there such as how fans will be charged to park.

Tesco have also made some changes to the stadium plans to reduce costs, the stadium car park is now no longer underground and they are reducing the number of park and ride services.

Colchester's stadium is costing £14m and has a 10,000 capacity.

There's no comparison. Daft to suggest otherwise imo.

The majority liked the stadium last July http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=7147. Why has it suddenly become so unpopular?

People do still like it, it is just those against the move air their opinions more aggresively.

Hence why I often do not post regarding the stadium move anymore as on this forum people are very pro-KEIOC. Just watch for the replies I get to this post...