IGNORED

What Do You Sing

efcgenius

Hi

Following a recent comment on another thread regarding chants being muted for TV purpose, I would like to know what people sing. Being a single earner supporting 3 kids under 5 means I cant possibly afford a season ticket. Unless of course I get them adopted :D

However funny or insulting please post your chants

Thanks

Lee

I like the songs but I love the shouts more.. Some people just come out with the most stupidly funny comments at the match.

I used to chuckle away at "ooo its a corner"

I loved that stupid "sheep shaga" thing when someone took a goal kick

I remember singing "Joey Royals blue and white army" with my mate for like 20 Min's thinking it was hilariously funny at Eland road...

We must have looked right Twats... I now throw crisps at people like that...

Edited by DangerMouse

Yeah I remember all of those chants Dangermouse, the goal kick chant went on for ages too, it'll have to be revived!

Do you remember the Barry Horne riding through the glen song to the Robin Hood tune? It probably only got sung a couple of times in the pubs, but I cant remember if it ever got sung in the ground can you?

Lee, the songs they're muting are a bit crap to be honest. The Baby's not yours is crap. Whos that cuming over your bird was last years one. They're making them out to be worse than what they are to be honest.

i doubt anyone on here sings the hillsbourgh songs but itsnt it abit contridicting that liverpool fans love to sing about the munich air crash yet take offense to hillsbourgh songs, i mean for me both are jsut as bad and should not be sung.

One i like to sing is:

He is half boy he is half girl torres torres

he looks just like a transvestite torres torres

he wears a frock, he loves the cock, he sells his arse on albert dock

fer-nan-do torres, carraghers bit on the side.

another decent one:

he plays on the left,

he plays on the right,

oooohhh mikel arteta, he'll make you look shite!

i doubt anyone on here sings the hillsbourgh songs but itsnt it abit contridicting that liverpool fans love to sing about the munich air crash yet take offense to hillsbourgh songs, i mean for me both are jsut as bad and should not be sung.

One i like to sing is:

He is half boy he is half girl torres torres

he looks just like a transvestite torres torres

he wears a frock, he loves the cock, he sells his arse on albert dock

fer-nan-do torres, carraghers bit on the side.

another decent one:

he plays on the left,

he plays on the right,

oooohhh mikel arteta, he'll make you look shite!

Munich songs are disgusting but again it's the younger generation.

Kids these days. It really hurt me though. My family were indirectly affected by Hillsborough and we are half red-half blue.

One or two of my mates sing about munich, one even has pictures on his facebook of munich scum etc. disgrace imo.

It does seem to be the younger generation who have no clue about what happened at either event only through older generations talking about it, and those older ones with no sence seem to be the ones telling the younger ones its good to sing about stuff like that.

Munich songs are disgusting but again it's the younger generation.

I'm afraid that's not true. The first time I heard the Munich song was at the Wembley derbies in the eighties.

For all the, "Those were the days, 100,000 singing Merseyside" nostalgia there was also a very significant minority singing about the crash.

I'm afraid that's not true. The first time I heard the Munich song was at the Wembley derbies in the eighties.

For all the, "Those were the days, 100,000 singing Merseyside" nostalgia there was also a very significant minority singing about the crash.

Well, of course there will always be minorities. Some fans just take football too seriously I guess. It's only a game.

Well, of course there will always be minorities. Some fans just take football too seriously I guess. It's only a game.

Shankly just turned in his grave :rolleyes:

But you're right of course, and I recall being at the Charity Shield game in 1984 (Everton1, Liverpool 0) and in a pub after with blues and reds all getting along great and buying each other pints - certainly back then it was a minority.

I like the tone this thread is now generating, I just hope that some of those 'serious' bitter blues and reds are reading and feelilng a little stupid. I have said on this forum before now, that the relationship between red and blue is special because of the mutual appreciation of each others teams, clubs with a dash of humour, light heartedly ribbing each others teams. It's one of my fondest memories of going to Derby games and ENJOYING reflecting on the game with a smile, almost regardless of the result.

Personally, I miss the solidarity that is quickly evaporating from the two sets of fans and I am sickened by anyone who uses peoples suffering or pain as cause for merriment. It is shallow and pointless. The reality is that this is a mindset that has developed over a number of years and is fuelled by thoughtless or brainless comments and actions by those who should be leading by example. This includes managers, players, boardroom staff and parents. I cannot go along with the easy blame thrower of 'it's the younger ones' because where do you think their mentality is founded.

I do find it encouraging that 'opposition' fans come on this forum and share this sentiment and add real value and spice to some of the threads. I particulalry enjoyed our belgian and russian friends over the last year. Friendly banter and witty conversation about football, not mindless mudslinging and comments designed to do nothing than fuel bitterness.

Back on point, my eldest son just likes the simple 'We're by far the greatest team........' especially when Gwladys Street and the Park End have a competition. Makes Goodison special.