IGNORED

Anyone Out There Help Me?

I am a raging toffee, :D and I am very pessimistic. :o Which seems to be par for the course. :P

So with the injuries we currently have, I feel very nervous about the cup final all of a sudden. :mellow:

Can anyone say something to make me feel more confident?

(We did beat some big teams to get there so I should be feeling better than I do. But I just feel nagging doubts with every little bit of news I hear coming from the camp....or on some of the sites on the web.) <_<

The only real difference in this game to the other rounds is that Jags is out a big dent in our quality and one player we could do with but we have Yobo to fill the void i know he had a shit game last week but if he gets it together he is a good player as we know he is more then capable of putting in a great display, at the end of the day anything can happen we have as much of a chance as they do and i would rather be playing Chelsea in the final for some strange reason then any of the other teams we have knocked out.

After watching them against all beit a great Barca side they look very very slow and can not handle teams going at them and look fragile at the back of late and are probably the least threatening big four team in terms of going forward this season if we can shackle Drogba and keep Lampard pushed back we can break them down.

Just enjoy where we are we have done the near impossible to get where we are considering who we have played and our injury trouble's just think if we do win its a massive achievement in our clubs history the FA cup is to me one of if not the best cup in terms of football you can win.

Just think of it out of 762 clubs that enter the FA cup we are one of two clubs remaining and only Chelsea stand in our way to lifting the oldest cup in football history B)

Edited by EFC-Paul

We play Chelsea in the final, Right?

We have to face them without the Yak, Arteta and Jagielka, right!

We played them the other night,WITHOUT those players, AT their ground, and at times looked the better team and certainly created the better chances.With Vaughan up front instead of Jo, which we could have for the final we could easily have won!

Chelsea will perhaps have injuries from their hectic run in and certainly their players will have had some big games, maybe the FA cup will be one game, where a massive fight with an inspired Everton is one game too many.

Fate, is perhaps on Evertons side this year!

I will put my money on Chelsea.....that way Everton will win!!!!!!!!

We play Chelsea in the final, Right?

We have to face them without the Yak, Arteta and Jagielka, right!

We played them the other night,WITHOUT those players, AT their ground, and at times looked the better team and certainly created the better chances.With Vaughan up front instead of Jo, which we could have for the final we could easily have won!

Chelsea will perhaps have injuries from their hectic run in and certainly their players will have had some big games, maybe the FA cup will be one game, where a massive fight with an inspired Everton is one game too many.

Fate, is perhaps on Evertons side this year!

I will put my money on Chelsea.....that way Everton will win!!!!!!!!

I agree with what your saying the rest of the post but to say with Vaughn in the team and not Jo we would have won the league game is fairly off. Jo spurrned a few chances but his hold up play throughout the rest of the game was fantastic. Jo is also a better finisher than Vaughn so I have to disagree with you on that point.

We played really well against Chelsea WITHOUT JAGS last week. We will field the same team in the final, they will also field there same team as they were at full strength.

We will be more hungry for the success.

BELIEVE.

We can't field the same team in the final as JO is cup tied!

So I have to disagree with you on that point :rolleyes:

We played really well against Chelsea WITHOUT JAGS last week. We will field the same team in the final, they will also field there same team as they were at full strength.

We will be more hungry for the success.

BELIEVE.

if you add fellaini to that team that got a draw at stamford bridge, then we're a better more dangerous team .. so logic demands we win the cup final :)

that's what keeps me going at least.

JO can't play! fact.So we can't play the same team!

It's either Saha or Vaughan up front, or some kind of combination with either one of these two up front with another ie Cahill or Fellaini.

From what I've see of Saha lately I'd rather have Vaughan.You say JO's a better finisher than Vaughan......well against Chelsea Jo was according to most who saw it not really up to the task and missed three decent chances.We will never know if Vaughan would have converted any of them, it's all a game of guess work, I'd like to THINK maybe Vaughan would have got one.

Jo's all round game in that match was probably his best to date, he sure doesn't want to go back to City, but his finishing was poor, in that game!

Vaughans all round play, when he's fit!, is pretty dam good, and his finishing is far from shabby, Blue hopes and dreams for this final I recon will fall upon the young shoulders of James Vaughan as our front man.The penalty against Man United was a step in the right direction.

I wish he's scored against Chelsea in the league.....I HOPE he scores against them in the cup!

Just my opinion.........probably wrong........guess you'll tell me :rolleyes:

I know that Jo can't play. Your missing my point. I went to the game and can tell you that he had a good performance. His hold up play was excellent. I'm taking up your point that we would have "would have easily won". If Vaughn had been on the pitch. Which is far from true. He is not up to full fitness and he proved in the semi that his finishing is still well off. I'm making a point about who should play in the final, just commenting on the league game.

I know that Jo can't play. Your missing my point. I went to the game and can tell you that he had a good performance. His hold up play was excellent. I'm taking up your point that we would have "would have easily won". If Vaughn had been on the pitch. Which is far from true. He is not up to full fitness and he proved in the semi that his finishing is still well off. I'm making a point about who should play in the final, just commenting on the league game.

:huh: .....I NEVER said "would have easily won"....please read properly!!

I said "could"......big difference between "would" and "could".

We HAVE to play without for whatever reason, Jo, Yak, Arteta, Jagielka and Anichebe :( in answer to the original question can we still beat Chelsea.....yep! if we want it more than them, and the team play as well against them in the final as they did in the league.I remember a league game against Chelsea a season or two ago, where Vaughan scored one and had an overhead kick just kept out for a second, they couldn't handle Vaughan that day I seem to remember.....let's hope for a repeat of that in the final.......if he's not fit, then we'll just have to hope Saha's last game for Everton brings him a winners medal.

in my opinion neither should play .. back to the no-striker team that was so successful in the middle of the season.. if we score a goal it's probably going to come off a set piece anyway.

if we do play with the lone striker i fear we might be pushed into the role of just a counterattacking team which just hoofs the ball forward for Vaughan to run after .. winning the midfield battle is crucial and against a good side like chelsea, that probably means having 1 player more in that area than they do.

As jamie says, BELIEVE

The nearer the big day comes so the tension is bound to mount up. It doesn't matter a flying fig what team we put out against them last month, who is or who isn't available to play against them in the final at this moment in time so why argue it is a nonsense....................it is our duty as supporters to support the players who go on that park. In part the supporters let the side down last weekend by dumbing down, that silence gets to the lads on the park, we have to lift them because if we don't believe they certainly won't

This final is a thing to enjoy, to savour and remember for the rest of your lives so if you BELIEVE our team will be more than half way there.

As jamie says, BELIEVE

The nearer the big day comes so the tension is bound to mount up. It doesn't matter a flying fig what team we put out against them last month, who is or who isn't available to play against them in the final at this moment in time so why argue it is a nonsense....................it is our duty as supporters to support the players who go on that park. In part the supporters let the side down last weekend by dumbing down, that silence gets to the lads on the park, we have to lift them because if we don't believe they certainly won't

This final is a thing to enjoy, to savour and remember for the rest of your lives so if you BELIEVE our team will be more than half way there.

When a person asks a question like can anyone give me confidence about the final, which was the original post, how can we not talk about how well we did against them a month ago....that in it's self should breed confidence.....why would we not discuss who might play! that has every relevance to the question!.........just shouting the word "BELIEVE".....doesn't really give me much confidence, and I have even less if we'd been thrashed by them "last month".Which is why we've discussed that match and other relevant topics.On our day we are as good as them.

Come the big day it will come down to more that just believing, it will come down to who plays and how well thay play......to suggest otherwise is just nonsence :)

It is something like 22 games sice we beat Chelsea. I just think its a stat that is ripe for putting to bed, we must beat them sometime and fate would have it that we sort it in the biggest tie of the lot.

Of course, if Chelsea end up playing in the CL Final 3 days before the FA Cup Final that would help too!

I am quite the opposite, I feel very optimistic about the cup final.

Keep Fellaini on the bench and its a cert! :P

I know u dislike Fellaini and I dislike Neville. But im willing to admit when a player is playing well. To say we start fellaini on the bench in the final (unless ur joking) is wrong. Fellaini and Neville have been at the heart of the team when we have done well the last few weeks and they both deserve to be out there :)

You guys are brilliant. I know I asked an awkward question at the start of this, but not only do I feel a lot better about things now, I have seen a great discussion from you all. Varied opinions and equally varied possibilities. One thing you all have in common is an abundance (or at least as much as is humanly possible) of confidence in the outcome.

Thank you for helping me take heart in our achievements and looking for a historic winning final.

COYB

When a person asks a question like can anyone give me confidence about the final, which was the original post, how can we not talk about how well we did against them a month ago....that in it's self should breed confidence.....why would we not discuss who might play! that has every relevance to the question!.........just shouting the word "BELIEVE".....doesn't really give me much confidence, and I have even less if we'd been thrashed by them "last month".Which is why we've discussed that match and other relevant topics.On our day we are as good as them.

Come the big day it will come down to more that just believing, it will come down to who plays and how well thay play......to suggest otherwise is just nonsence :)

This should really not need saying but his problem is not who is going to play or who we are facing, its lack of belief, trust if you like. Come the big day most of it will be down to self belief no matter who plays, and that is quite evidently not nonsense, that is how we beat Liverpool, we believed we could do Villa and some of us on here believed we could beat United, which we did. At the end of the day chat all you want about who should or who should not be in the side, we still have matches to play and thing can happen, in case you think otherwise, Moyes will pick his side no matter what you, me or anyone else says

I have to agree with Jimmy. It is all about having the confidence and belief to succeed on the day no matter who starts. Travelling down to the semi, i hadn't seen so much confidence in the supporters for years, in fact since we last played at Wembley in 1995. Nobody I met had a negative thought in their body about the outcome of the game, maybe some folk thought that getting that far and reaching Wembley meant we had nothing to lose. However I disagree with that and went along with most and thought that on our day we are a match and can be better than most. It was similar to the replay against Liverpool, the confidence and belief brought on from two draws at Anfield within a week and Moyes getting his tactics right meant we had belief to succeed in the replay. Griping about injured players etc, just plays into the hands of detractors, lets just get behind the 11 who start and the rest of the bench, in fact lets just get behind the whole club. We are realistic and honest enough to accept that these days don't come along every year but we are striving to attain that position, so on the 30th May 2009, get on your BLUE regalia and from wherever you may be cheer on the BLUES until your hoarse and above all ENJOY our clubs moment in the global football spotlight and be so proud to call yourself an EVERTONIAN.

Edited by The Beard

This should really not need saying but his problem is not who is going to play or who we are facing, its lack of belief, trust if you like. Come the big day most of it will be down to self belief no matter who plays, and that is quite evidently not nonsense, that is how we beat Liverpool, we believed we could do Villa and some of us on here believed we could beat United, which we did. At the end of the day chat all you want about who should or who should not be in the side, we still have matches to play and thing can happen, in case you think otherwise, Moyes will pick his side no matter what you, me or anyone else says

Are you more or less confident about the final after our 0-0 result against Chelsea the other week?

I am, and I guess the players probably are.Missing the players who will be absent in the final we, other than possession matched them and even created more goal scoring opportunities.

We can't pick the team!.......we can't motivate the players!.....We can only try and answer the question asked"can anyone help me to be more confident".........That I think you'll find is what we've been doing :huh:

All we can do as fans is sing and shout your nuts off on the day to inspire the boys.The rest will be down to who and how they play!

I would have thought his question has been answered in full........The team Moyes puts out will be the best (he thinks) he has, God willing it wont be too far off the one that matched them the other night, and the result will be similar.....except we stick away a chance or two.

And you say that our problem really isn't who we are facing and who's playing....well I'd rather be facing Stoke with Arteta and Jagielka and maybe the Yak!but we don't write the script, and any way, if your correct and Stoke believed more than us they would win :)

hopefully chelsea will get into the champs leauge final, play man utd.. got to extra time.. then pentaltys.. lampard and drogba pick up a few niggling injuries that'll keep them out for a few weeks.. most of their players will absolutly shagged out after playing 120+ againts arguably the best team in the world.. win the game and get so drunk they dont even remeber theyve won..

then 3 days later come up against a fresh everton team, prepared and with the belief they can beat another top 4 team in the competiotion, in the fa cup final at wembely..

no problems :P

The fact that we dont have a fit striker available for the final is very disapointing, unless Saha or Vaughan prove miracles can happen. Im not sure Jo is the striker we need, hes scored a few but missed more, i think 4-5-1 formation against Chelsea will work nicely, theyre very strong in midfield but i have to say i quite fancy our chances for the cup, hopefully Chelsea will make the CL final and we get no more injuries,