IGNORED

Should Fans Be Compensated?

Do you think those that have shelled out money to travel to Ghana should be re-imbursed by the club even though travel was not arranged through the club. Nearly 30 of us paid between £350 and £450 for flights plus £50 for visas and some have paid for vaccination jabs. The club believe it is our own fault and are not entitled to any compensation, however as they advertised and had sent representatives out to carry out the logistics and confirmed the match was a goer, shouldn't they be partly responsible. I also thought Everton would have had an insurance policy taken out by the Ghanaian team/ league for these events. I reckon Everton will be compensated, for anything they have had to pay out but the real people are out of pocket, again. I also know of a few lads who are still trying to get compensation from 3 years ago when the trip to China was cancelled late on because of the sars virus. :angry:

Wouldn't your own insurance cover it mate ?

Because of short notice, you can't claim your money back. I am checking my own household insurance because I have world wide travel insurance built into it, so may be lucky but I know at least half of those booked won't get anything back because of time scales. A dozen or so will still go because they have their flights to Edmonton arranged via Ghana (or another African country). Intrepid travellers are Evertonians.

Edited by The Beard

IMO its not Everton that should compensate the fans because it is not there fault. The Ghanian FA is at falut and the Ghanian team is at fault because they are the ones who screwed up and they are the ones who pulled out. I know it sucks but it's not Everton's fault and they should not be held financially responable for the ineptitupe of the way that Ghana is running its football.

IMO its not Everton that should compensate the fans because it is not there fault. The Ghanian FA is at falut and the Ghanian team is at fault because they are the ones who screwed up and they are the ones who pulled out. I know it sucks but it's not Everton's fault and they should not be held financially responable for the ineptitupe of the way that Ghana is running its football.

Agree with this.

As you already stated, it was not official travel via Everton so Everton are not liable nor did they influence the decision to cancel the trip. You need to look into other avenues for some form of compensation IMO. I know it sucks but in reality there is no real (maybe I shoud day legal) connection with Everton, they could just say you bought a plane ticket to Ghana for a holiday.

thats bad news that mate, some fan you are too, going over there for that friendly i raise my hat to you! But i have to agree with the statement jamie made,. defintely look into it as much as you can though, or just enjoy the trip over there and go to watch asante kotoko play there cup match or whatever they have decided to do instead! IMO they all look liek they just broke out of jail! so its a good job we didnt play them haha

Heres the Asante Kotoko coach and others talking about whos to blame for the cancellation of the match

http://www.asantekotokofc.org/Newreel/2009.../jarvis_plb.htm

sorry for what has happend but i did think you were too quick to book friendlies often get cancelled hope you get something back somewhere along the line....but i cant blame efc for your plight.

Can't really say we where too quick with the amount of notice given and the time to arrange travel to somewhere in the African continent. It's not as though it's a Ryannair to Dublin flight.

Maybe in future the club should just TELL fans not to make any attempt to travel as no costs incurred has anything to do with them.

To be honest it has happened on more than the two occasions I have mentioned, so you can't say we have not been warned.

Still to be brushed aside so easy is disappointing, rather like the time in a Texan shopping mall, when a certain well regarded Everton figure questioned our sanity for travelling so far to see a friendly and hadn't we anything better to spend our money on. Needless to say that bloke wasn't really taken to hearts after that quip.

Which Everton figure said that? Come on spill :P

Ex-Player, had two spells and was also famously pissed at Aintree, throwing a sickie whilst we took a hammering in London. ;)

On a happier note, I sold my tickets via works intranet, to a guy visiting family and he even paid for administration to have tickets transferred to his and his wifes names. He is still getting a better deal than trying to book at present time. :D