Sign in to follow this  
flaminfox

Center Back

it will be all about balance and i think distan will shade it...in fact i think distan will be far better with jags and i expect yobo to go out the revolving door leaving johnie h as understudie..also neill to follow yobo.

I don't think Dystin is that bad to be honest.I hate to slag him but Joey is the weak link. Not vocal and indicisive. Fuck me when he signed and after his first few games i thought he was Beckenbaur/Bobby Moore rolled in. :weird: Im talking about Yobo by the way.

Distin is fine. He's solid enough to make starts at any of the bottom half prem teams. But he's not a match for either Jags or Johnny. With Jags orchestrating the defence Distin could prove to be quite good but atm he's not first choice (injury aside).

first choice defence imo is gonna be jags and heitinga in the middle, with neill at right back and baines at left back. distin, hibbert and coleman as cover, and yobo most likely out the door

heitinga beats out distin quite easily. distin was solid, but heitinga's defending lately has been lights out, he's been absolutely spectacular for us.

once jags is back, i think neill will quite easily slide over to the right side and will establish himself as our first choice right back. he's been amazing while playing in the middle with heitinga for the past couple weeks, but jags (when fully fit) beats him out for the centre half spot any day. i think neill at right will not only be great at defending, but will be just as good in the attacking half as well. he can definitely pick out passes and put in decent crosses.

so imo, we're only one player away from our first choice defense at the moment.

I don't know why y'all are so interested in selling yobo. Unless we can line up a deal for another defender for a similar price I see no reason to sell him. Injuries are always a worry for us and selling when we have bare bones squad doesn't make sense.

I don't know why y'all are so interested in selling yobo. Unless we can line up a deal for another defender for a similar price I see no reason to sell him. Injuries are always a worry for us and selling when we have bare bones squad doesn't make sense.

agree with you that if we sold yobo we'd need to bring in another cb, but i think it's pointless to keep two experience cb's sitting on the bench. i don't think yobo has really had his heart at the club ever since his extensive spell on the sidelines going back to last season when jags and lescott were keeping him out of the first 11 with absolutely no look in. with that being said, if it were between yobo and distin to go, it would have to be yobo for me. like i said, we'd need another cb as cover, but it would have to be and understudy, someone for the future. it could be someone who we bring in or it could be someone who we bring up from the academy, possibly duffy.