IGNORED

Royle's Reckoning

Louis

Joe Royle beleives that managers should not be allowed to answer the media's questions regarding referees performance. This is the case on the continent where fans have a lot of respect for the man in the middle. He says refereeing is the most stressful job in football where every decision he makes is under scrutiny.

He says that if the media know that the manager is not allowed to answer questions, they wont ask.

In turn the media will eventually stop printing so much about referee's performance thus stop bringing the issues to the fans.

He says that this is the only way that the fans will respect the referee.

Any thoughts? Should Davey Moyes be able to slate Poll et al if they mess up?

I'm of the opinion that if the Refs decision on anything is questioned, he should award a Penalty, it would soon stop players surrounding the Ref and completely undermining his authority.

If referees went on strike or packed in doing the job there would be no football played, try playing a game without a referee ....................impossible.

We should follow the example showed by Rugby League and Union, DONT ARGUE WITH THE REF, if you do they award penalties.

And the same goes for Managers, its swings and roundabouts, some decisions go for you and some dont.

i also think that if a player waves in the refs face in order for him to card a player. straight red. itl cut it out in a week.

another suggestion: only the team captains can ask the ref on why he made a decision.

They do that in Rugby League, it seems to work quite well. I agree with Licker, they should follow the lead of rugby whereby if you argue about a decision you are penalised for it

If the critisism occurs after the game in a post match interview and is not malicious, a manager should be able to comment on a refs performance, especially if it has had a detrimental effect on a team's league position. If you can appeal red and yellow cards through the appropriate channels, media interviews are the correct place to bring a refs decisions into the light. Just a POV.

ATB

Mac

Joe Royle beleives that managers should not be allowed to answer the media's questions regarding referees performance. This is the case on the continent where fans have a lot of respect for the man in the middle. He says refereeing is the most stressful job in football where every decision he makes is under scrutiny.

He says that if the media know that the manager is not allowed to answer questions, they wont ask.

In turn the media will eventually stop printing so much about referee's performance thus stop bringing the issues to the fans.

He says that this is the only way that the fans will respect the referee.

Any thoughts? Should Davey Moyes be able to slate Poll et al if they mess up?

I think thats bull and patronising as well. Fans have given the ref stick for as long as I can remember, they dont need a manager to tell them what a blind twat Uriah Renie is, they can see if for themself. They get paid a decent wage now ( over 30k ) so if they cant handle the pressure then it should go to someone who can.

I personally think referees should be accountable for their decisions and if the media put them under the spotlight and make them work harder with less mistakes all the better.

Edited by Bluetrip

In my day...A lil bit after Lickers of course... ;) ...The UNWRITTEN law was always that the Captain of the team could & Often would approach the referee during any particular match.

This like the unwritten Gentlemanly conduct of kickin ball out of play 4 gen injured players, appears to have been or is in the process of being rubbed out.

Back in these times they used a bizzare strategy that seems to have been forgotten or is now despised buy the suits that be.

Yes they used a bit of old fashioned...Common Sense...!!!

The whole ref comment thing is a real pandora's box..Some tread the line, others cross...some deliver stock standard cliche's.

Damned sumtimes if you do..>Damned other times if you dont. Then there is the whole Bringing the Game in to disrepute PC crap.

A wild 30 man Brawl 2 me brings the game in to disrepute, the ramblings of a shitty manager after a loss or bad decis, I find not.

Could even be argued I am sure that on occasion the actual poor performance of the Referee brings the game in to disrepute...Pandoras box eh.