IGNORED

Whats In The Kitty And How To Balance The Books

Does anyone have an idea of how much moyes has got to spend this summer.

It has never been vast amounts and I dont expect this summer to be any different.

Everton have been strongly featured with Joey Barton 5.5m, David Nugent (7m ceefeax report 09/06) and Phil Jagielka 4m. Its clear from this moyes is looking to strengthen all areas, which is a no brainer. But would he have the kitty to buy all 3?

It looks like Barton is out of the equation now, but Phil Jagielka is almost a definite so thats 4m used. I assume Beattie will leave for about 4m so thats recouped, leaving a hole to be filled up front.

I personally wouldnt fork out 3.5m on roberts, but perhaps thats all moyes has got? With the 3.5m or maybe a little more I would get Richardson to add to the squad imo a great young talent.

I dont think we can afford the 10m approx for Fernandes so with regret would have to say no, but Riquelme if it was true would be cheaper and a great alternative (although slightly different addition)

if we did want Fernandes we would have to sell Johnson for about 20m to whu. This would also give us capital to buy a striker perhaps Nugent, smith or Defoe. Both excellent strikers imo and have about 3m left from the 20m.

so to sum up, I believe hardly any money would have been spent, sold beattie and johnson total =24m (wishful)

Bought Jagielka 4m, Fernandes 10m, Richardson 3.5m ish, 1 of (nugent, smith, defoe) 7m. = 24.5m

Ive spent too much time thinking about this!

Wouldnt want to sell Johnson but if it meant freeing up cash for those players would you do it?

Also going on the huge assumption we could get 20m (more like 15m)

Discuss.

I dont agree with few things here:

Barton - Newcastle

Jagielka - Maybe

Roberts - would'nt take him for nothing

Riquelme - what a joke, he would never join us in a million years

Beattie - Wont go for more than 2 million or a swap

Fernandes - Should be bought if we have any money

Richardson - would be a great signing

Id never sell Johnson,

1, we wouldn't get half the money to spend we sold him for

2. there isnt much better out there who would join us

3, he loves the club and dont wanna leave

I reckon we will have around 15 million to spend including selling fee's but id like to hope we have 25 - 30 but no chance

Thats just me :huh:

Moyes is offering Naysmith at £1.75m as a part excahnge for Jagielka (typical Everton) and there is some haggling over our valuation. Everton rarely pay outright for a player, we barter them down and pay in installments with future revenues counted in. With Boro and Wigan offering more money and no doubt wages, we have to rely our better league position and European qualification to win him over.

I think that shows how little money there is at the club if we have to keep offering players and paying in installments. I fear we will never get out of this situation unless we find a sound investor who wont ruin the club.

Or sell a big name to bring in a few potential players. I'd never want to do that mind, cos that lacks ambition and disturbs the status quo (not refering to that old band).

It is going to be hard to get the players if we dont show ambition and keep up with the wage demands. Moyes may soon get frustrated with the lack of funds and not having the ability to build without having to haggle and part ex.

We sell fringe players who dont fetch much so once sold deplete our squad even more and cant add to it. Our bigger money signings are quite often flops i.e. kroldrup, davies, van der meyde....

The plus side is that Moyes always spots a good talent in the lower leagues. I'd say keep buying cheap young talent and dont worry too much on experience unless that too is cheap. Make a big squad that way, so there is competition for places and dont lose money if they dont work out.

I feel we still have a couple of seasons buying cheap players with maybe one big signing. If the big signing proves a success and stays eventually we will have a decent team with an upcoming squad.

It is also good that we are a big name and finally living up to it. If we build it they will come.

Does anyone have an idea of how much moyes has got to spend this summer.

It has never been vast amounts and I dont expect this summer to be any different.

Everton have been strongly featured with Joey Barton 5.5m, David Nugent (7m ceefeax report 09/06) and Phil Jagielka 4m. Its clear from this moyes is looking to strengthen all areas,

The club have linked us with no one, rember that, so your guess is as good as mine, it could be 10 or 20 or 30

We know feck all

Despite some opinions to the contrary, I think it's a good thing the club have kept silent. Whether or kitty is meagre or decent enough to enable Moyes to sign a few players, disclosing details of possible bids or discussions for players only ever serves to make things more difficult.

Either way, we don't have long to wait, pre-season training will start first week of July so we'll see the colour of our money in the next 6 weeks or so. I won't say I haven't been concerned by the mood music, but I'm reserving judgement. 2 or 3 decent additions in a few weeks and we'll all be calling Moyes a genius for keeping his plans under wraps. He did say after all that it would take longer this year. To me that is feasible given the amount of money floating about this summer. Players have more options than ever and it suits agents to procrastinate and drag things out.