IGNORED

It Has To Happen....

First off let me say I'm not from the everton area,i'm from Ireland and still living in Ireland.I'm in my 30's now and have been an everton fan since I was 7 years old.I love the club passionately and live and breathe Everton,always have and always will,and when I heard that Everton football club we're thinking of moving from Goodison our home for over a century of football I was disgusted,absolutely sick,but as time slips on and I see the Man utds,Chelseas and dare I say it Liverpools spending millions and these club growing from strength to strength I watch in envy,now in the last few years we have had a bit of success and man it feels good,especially after years of hurt.It has become apparent to me that we have to move from Goodison now,it is a must.We as Everton football club have made the step up now to finishing in the top half of the league and it feels good,very good,but deep down in our hearts we want to be challenging for the title,for the champion league and in todays football climate we all knows its about money,money,money.So here is what we are faced with,do we stay in Goodison and be content with beening an average football club with a couple of good league finishs and the odd good cup run OR do we move from Goodison to a new stadium and become one of the big boys and challenge for the titles and cup that we as Everton football club should really be challenging for?Thats the question it boil right down to that.I mentions early I'm now from the area or even English for that matter so maybe unlike some of you I'm not emmotionally attached to Goodison as an area,but I am emmotionally attached to Everton football club,its in my blood and when they lose,I lose.And its on these feelings and out looks that I feel for Everton football club to compete at the level our evertonian hearts believe it should we have to move.But on a closing note I just want to say what would the possiblity of keeping the Goodison park name for tradition sound...hope I haven't offended or upset anyone by saying all this stuff for me it had to be said.I would love to hear yours views on this..........

oh and watch Bill Kenwrights talking about the move on evertonfc in the free to air section...I think he's right.

I think the vote will end up being a yes vote anyway despite being in the no camp ;)

I found this on another forum with regards to the vote:

if there is a marginal majority against tthe move, Keith Wyness has already stated that a no vote means the Kirkby proposal is off.

The problems start if there is a marginal majority vote for the move. Lets look at various majorities and what the board can read into them, remember the ballot is to gauge the fans feeling on the proposed move to Kirkby.

90% or above: this would be a total endorsment of the move, and the board should go full steam ahead with the move.

75-90%: the board will see this as an endorsment of the move, and if the vote is towards the lower end 75-80% they should then work to allay the fears of the no voters, to ensure the maximum amount of fans will continue to support the club when it moves to Kikby.

60-75%: this is the difficult one, the board will have to wrestle with the possibility of alienating 25-30% of its paying customers otherwise known as fans. What would the implications on the clubs projected finances for the move be.Would this negate any expected rise in attendances due to the "new stadium syndrome"? How would the banks view this,if as we are led to believe that some additional debt has to be taken on, will they decide that the project is now more "risky"and increase the cost of borrowing? Would Bear Stearns the holders of the securization deal(mortgage on season tickets sales)and possible covenants on Goodison Park, agree to the move? How will the board convince the no voters to move with the club to Kirkby?

50-60%: This is the nightmare scenario for the board, they will have a mandate for the move but can they risk a "civil war" breaking out with the fans? If they decide to move anyway will Bear Stearns "forclose" (they are having a bit of a hard time at the moment)? Will a breakaway "Everton" happen? Will the board decide that the only honourable thing to do, seeing as the Kirkby move is the" only option" they have got, and there is a massive risk of splitting the club resign?Will they just go ahead regardless?

There are probally a lot more reasons to ponder over the result if it is a yes vote, but these aree just a few that i have thought off. This is not an election with a first past the post winning, its about the future of the Club, whatever the result is the board, will have to take some or all and more into consideration, that is their duty as shareholders and directors.

Personally i think there will be a small majority one way or the other, there could be some really tough times ahead. I dont want this to split the club.

Onward Evertonians Glorious To Be.

It has to happen!.........Perhaps it does!BUT does it guarantee we will become a

better more successful football club?

Maybe we will make more money from slightly improved gates,and corporate business,

but then we may spend more on players like Yakubu.

Do Luckypool think their new stadium will ensure they finally win the championship?

They wont if they can't beat teams at that superdome!

Yakubu has cost nearly twice as much as AJ!....Do you really think he will be twice

as good?

It has to happen!.........Perhaps it does!BUT does it guarantee we will become a

better more successful football club?

Maybe we will make more money from slightly improved gates,and corporate business,

but then we may spend more on players like Yakubu.

Do Luckypool think their new stadium will ensure they finally win the championship?

They wont if they can't beat teams at that superdome!

Yakubu has cost nearly twice as much as AJ!....Do you really think he will be twice

as good?

Dont know about twice as good but I'm certain he'll get more goals (if he stays fit).