IGNORED

The Death Of The Strike Partnership...

I read a interesting article in this months 442 about the "death of the strike partenrship" Its something i hadn't really noticed but is so obvious. There is only really one recognised strike partership in the prem at the moment Rooney-Tevez. With teams more and more opting for 451 and the lack of time given to players to gel have both contributed to this.

England's best recent performances have come with the reunited partership of owen and heskey.

Its an interesting thing, its seems a generation thing, i remeber being brought up on strike partnerships. But one of the last great ones probably being Cole Yorke, which was actually a fair few years ago.

I've rambled quite a bit here, but what are peoples thoughts?

Yorke & Cole is the Best that i can remember that i've seen.

But Keane Berbatov seem to be a good one, and will be interesting to see how Anelka & Drogba pan out.

But a 4-5-1 is basically a 442, we play Cahill Behind Yak, Chelsea play J.cole/SWP behind Anelka. Liverpool dont have a clue what to do and Arsenal seem to be playing well with a 451 with Hleb behind Adebayor.

Drogba and Anelka could be immense if they are given a bit of time, i wouldn't really say that Keane and Berba are much of a strike partnership, they don't really put huge efforts in to link up with each other.

The 90's did see some classy parterships. Zola and Hasslebaink was good, Shearer Owen has good. The best link up ive probably seen in my lifetime was Linekar and Beardsley. They did a job together.

he's had 1 big injury really and how can you not be a fan of someone who 'bang them in like theirs no 2mora' surely that's all he can do to impress, as a striker?

you dont like aj because he doesn't score enough, you don't like adebayor and he scores plenty. would these players have to give you a blow job to make you happy? things a little slow at the minute?

Just not a Fan of Adebayor, doesnt matter wether they score 100 or 1 a season, I like Kenwyne Jones and he doesnt bang them in, The reason i dont like AJ is because i dont think he's that good, i dont think he's a very good finisher, can't beat a defender, can't head the ball, and has only got his pace and stamina going for him.