IGNORED

Nigeria's Yobo Relishes Drogba Challenge

- Everton defender Joseph Yobo is relishing the opportunity of taking on Chelsea striker Didier Drogba when Nigeria meet the Ivory Coast in Tuesday's African Nations Cup semi-final.

"Yobo versus Drogba. That's going to be exciting and a real challenge," Nigeria's Yobo told Reuters on the eve of the match.

"A tough one, he's a top player, no doubt about that. I've played against him a few times already. It will be very, very exciting.

"He is obviously a very special player but I'm not worried about him specifically. My first concern is the match itself and helping my team to make it to the final," added the 25-year-old.

Yobo has captained the team in place of Jay-Jay Okocha, who missed the first-round matches with injury and was on the bench for Saturday's quarter-final win on penalties over Tunisia.

"It hasn't been my first time (as captain) but four matches in a row at the Nations Cup because Jay-Jay has been injured has been a big responsibility," Yobo said.

"I've tried to get us to play as a team because collectively is the only way we can win. This is a young team that go on and do a lot of good things, hopefully starting here at the Nations Cup.

Nigeria's last competitive meeting with the Ivorians was in the 1994 Nations Cup semi-finals, which they won on penalties.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnew...5598095,00.html