IGNORED

Fans And Attendances

Just shot myself in the foot making a sweeping statement about the barcodes on another forum :unsure:

I stated that the barcodes all go missing when times get tough, how wrong could i have been!

Since the start of the 2001/02 season when the 50,000+ stadium was opened the attendances have dropped below 50,000 once in 2002 against Leicester and that was 49,185. Thats some reccord from the beer monsters!

Gona have to go say sorry now :(

they always go on about being great supporters though but there is only one fuckin team in newcastle (so to speke) if there was just one team in liverpool the attendance wud be huge!!!

evertonians where, are and always will be the best fans in the world :D:D

they always go on about being great supporters though but there is only one fuckin team in newcastle (so to speke) if there was just one team in liverpool the attendance wud be huge!!!

evertonians where, are and always will be the best fans in the world :D:D

I agree with what your saying here but the populations of the two citys are also massivly different!

About 1/5 of the population of Newcastly must be at St James' every other week.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

When I was at uni in boro, I lived with a barcode fan he was fuming at how fickle the barcode supporters were. Apparantly, according to him, the stadium wouldn't get filled at all when they were in (then) division 2. As soon as the money men came and got them to the (then) division 1 fans started to appear from no where. Also look at the nearest big team in the North East. It'd have to be Sunderland (but they're crap, next is Boro which is a good half an hour drive away), and the size of Newcastle and the surrounding places such as Durham most people there support Newcastle so its no surprising that they can fill the stadium.