IGNORED

Ben Collett

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7553678.stm

OK basically this kid who was playing in a Man Utd reserve game at 18 got injured and can't have a football career (boo f**king hoo) has now been given 4.5m :blink: :blink: :blink: This is totally absurd, he got injured playing a game in which he knew he could get injured and because of the possibility that he could be a decent footballer he has been given 4.5m!!! This country is completely insane!!! If I was going to Uni to become a surgeon and then broke my hand meaning I could not operate does that mean that I am now owed all possible future earnings as a surgeon. He was only 18 ffs!!! Just get a proper job like anyone else accidents happen stop thinking the world owes you something!!! Must keep profanity to a minimum but what the f*ck was that jury thinking?

I agree, i dont know who was responsible for bringing this into the courts but it could start an avalanche of people who get hurt claiming loss of earnings and damages. A dangerous precedent.

Apparently Boro and the Boro player who did the tackle admitted to negligence over the injury, whatever that means. ???:blink:

thing is, they were saying he was a really good prospect, ok he lost a football career but the evidence given that he actually would have figured for man utd i find hard to believe, who was the last Man Utd Youngster who you would consider a first team player (on rotation)? John O Shea and Darren Fletcher and they came through 2002/2003 time, Man Utd have Had to Buy Buy Buy Youngsters Since 2003 (is that because this youngster broke his leg Who knows?)