IGNORED

Richard Wood

Someone has posted on Owlstalk that our CB Richard Wood is to sign for you guys on Monday for 1.5m. The link is from Bluekipper, not sure how creditable that site is (obviously I presume some of you do) I registered but when I clicked on the link it was broken.

Bluekipper

TBH he's not in the same league as what you've got so I find this a bit of a tall story. He's handed in a transfer request today but it's been refused, we all thought it was Coventry that were trying to lure him away.

Aah your back Wednesday, how have you enjoyed the start of both Sheffield teams, looks like you might have a better season. :) Dont think we will be signing anybody else of a lower stature, We need a couple of TOP CLASS signings. ;)

1st weekend = great beat Burnley 4-1, but as always with Wednesday it was short lived within the space of 72 hours we had lost both of our main strikers and had been dumped out of the cup by Rotherham

2nd weekend = spanked 4-1 @ Wolves after being 1 nil up

3rd weekend = 1-1 draw with Preston which TBH isn't a bad result seeing as they haven't lost yet

4th weekend = 1-1 draw @ Swansea which again isn't a bad result.

As usual though it's the off-field stuff that is most worrying. We are in the middle of a takeover (allegedly, I'll believe when i see it) we have absolutely no money which has been highlighted more so recently. In the summer we lost 6 players + loanees that went back, we have signed O'Connor from Burnley for free and Jimmy Smith from Chelsea on loan and that's it. After an injury @ Wolves to Richard Hinds (out for 3 months, 8 in Wednesday terms) with a fractured leg we got McMahon on loan from Boro for a month, the headlines in the local news read "the spending has now stopped" I wasn't aware that it had even started!! ;)

Even teams like Barnsley who were most of the experts tip to go down spent 1.25m on Ian Hume, if this takeover collapses then I dread to think what will happen. We could have Sir Alex down at Hillsborough and it wouldn't make a difference, I mean you can't polish a turd. :)

(Sorry for the rant, i bet you wish you'd never asked now)

ps United will be in the shakeup come May :angry: