IGNORED

Hibbert

For some reason Lawtietimson I'm not allowed to get on your link.

My view on hibberts still the same. He's shite and would stuggle to get in any other premier league team. Still hurts me to say that being a local lad. Why not give Baines a chance there. I know I know I can hear you all swearing WTF he's a left footer. Lets not forget Pat Van Den Hauwe was a right footer and he did all right at left book and with the forward qualities Baines posses I don't see any reason why not? Wotcha think?

For some reason Lawtietimson I'm not allowed to get on your link.

Works if you copy and paste it :) .

Looks like a really mature and sensible forum :rolleyes: .

General football forums never work....always end up with people mindlessly abusing each other (and if you don't agree with me you can fuck right off!).

• 2 weeks later...
So was Jags, Lescott, Baines (quite a lot today) and Pienaar whole game. Do they get a proper slagging.....erm, no as they are favourable players. I do not for one minute think Hibbert is world class but he is not as shit as you all make out - a lot of posters in here are the same "jump on the bandwagon" posters as most threads.

What you need to take into account is we are leaking goals and everyone is looking for someone to blame, Hibbert is an easy target because he is unpopular. There is no midfielders to play with, which is why all our defenders first look is way up the pitch and not to the midfield. When you watch Manure play, when their defenders have the ball their midfielders are hungry to get the ball and make space for the pass - this is not happening. Our midfielders for large parts of the game looked scared to get the ball.

good post, he obviously isnt the best right back in the prem but at times he does play out his skin, the fact when hibbert plays, neville has to play in midfield does my brain in. Ideally we need a rightback with pace who's good on the ball and can also defend but that isnt easy to find, especially with the luck with rightbacks we have had down the years, most of them haven't been up to it.

Edited by Blue4Ever

good post, he obviously isnt the best right back in the prem but at times he does play out his skin.

True, he isn't a lazy bastard or anything but theres many young players at every club who would run through a brick wall for the club they supported. It doesn't mean they're good enough though. As for being a scapegoat, well even after a good team performance last year I still thought he was crap

I'd be tempted to start with the exact same eleven that started on Saturday, with the message that if you play well, then you start. The second half the boys put in should be rewarded with a start against Bolton. Hibbert should defo be left on the bench (and not only for this game). My only thought is about Cahill, perhaps, due his his recent 'laziness' I'd think about taking Yakubu off and leaving Saha up on his own. But for the sake of trying to keep the boys going from where they left off on Saturday I'd keep it all the same and think about making some changes in the second half.