IGNORED

Burnley V Spurs

Amazing performance from Burnley tonight :o .

Pulling back a 4-1 first leg loss, they've won 3-0 and it's into extra time.

Presumably if it stays as it is they'll win on away goals.

Shame we need United to win the final to open up sixth place in the league to Euro qualification.

Crap :( .

Yes it is Churinga. Fifth place plus FA Cup winners (runners up if winners quality through the league, next best league position if both finallists already qualified) and Carling Cup winners (not runners up if winners qualified).

Does that make sense?

What a bunch of toss!

Gutted for Burnley..... but how shit are Tottingham?

Hioefully they continue to be awful, get spanked in the final and proceed to drop down the league!

and so say all of us!

Burnley were brilliant tonight, the score flatters Spurs no end but it shows what a shit game football can be at times.

Has Harry's bubble burst? :lol::lol:

well as regular readers of my post (all of 2 of you) will know, my housemate is a spurs fan, he's happy but angered by the general pisspoor effort from some players, in particular the epic failings of David Bentley.

Oh and Gareth Bale too but he's always hated him.

i knew spurs would get one more chance, in fact i was in the middle of saying such a thing when they scored.

Burnley should have won it after 90 minutes....the rules are a joke. How can you decide a game on away goals when one team has 90 minutes to score them and the other has 120?

I know that's not how the game was decided last night but Spurs' two goals are irrelevant, Burnley should have been celebrating in the bath by then.

Can't remember when the rule came in (doesn't happen in European games) but it's just plain unfair.

Burnley should have won it after 90 minutes....the rules are a joke. How can you decide a game on away goals when one team has 90 minutes to score them and the other has 120?

I know that's not how the game was decided last night but Spurs' two goals are irrelevant, Burnley should have been celebrating in the bath by then.

Can't remember when the rule came in (doesn't happen in European games) but it's just plain unfair.

rules are rules but i agree. burnley were the better team and should have been declared the winners at the end of the 90 mins.

i feel so so gutted for them. i like burnley (my grandad supports them) and wish for them to do well. spurs are jammy bastards they really are. i hope they're relegated

Crap :( .

Yes it is Churinga. Fifth place plus FA Cup winners (runners up if winners quality through the league, next best league position if both finallists already qualified) and Carling Cup winners (not runners up if winners qualified).

Does that make sense?

It does, thank you!

I saw the headlines of the game, How can one of the 20 richest clubs in the world be that bad?

Shocking from Tottenham. I was reading the BBC report after the first leg, and after watching the second it made me laugh.

Tottenham took a giant stride towards the Carling Cup final with a stunning second-half show to destroy Burnley in the semi-final first leg.

Pssh. They looked poor against Burnley, even though good spirit was shown, Tottenham never looked like controlling the game, and didn't look like Champions. They seemed to be slow and un-organized and with the high spirit of Burnley it was always going to be dangerous. Spurs now rooted near the bottom and an abysmal display in the cup. I think Harry does need to be making some changes quick. It's not going to be long before the fans start to jump to conclusions, panic over relegation and point the finger at the manager.

Realisticly, Spurs could be in the Championship next year. This year has been a shocker for them.

Shocking from Tottenham. I was reading the BBC report after the first leg, and after watching the second it made me laugh.

Pssh. They looked poor against Burnley, even though good spirit was shown, Tottenham never looked like controlling the game, and didn't look like Champions. They seemed to be slow and un-organized and with the high spirit of Burnley it was always going to be dangerous. Spurs now rooted near the bottom and an abysmal display in the cup. I think Harry does need to be making some changes quick. It's not going to be long before the fans start to jump to conclusions, panic over relegation and point the finger at the manager.

Realisticly, Spurs could be in the Championship next year. This year has been a shocker for them.

If I remember correctly Burnley pissed all over Spurs in the first half of the White Hart Lane match. Spurs never deserved to win that game by that margin. No matter at least Burnley, a club with a truly great tradition, have put themselves back on the footballing map as they did what we couldn't do, they beat Chelski and it was at Stamford Bridge. Owen Coyle has really got them playing some good stuff. I wonder who Moyes was looking at the other night????

If I remember correctly Burnley pissed all over Spurs in the first half of the White Hart Lane match. Spurs never deserved to win that game by that margin. No matter at least Burnley, a club with a truly great tradition, have put themselves back on the footballing map as they did what we couldn't do, they beat Chelski and it was at Stamford Bridge. Owen Coyle has really got them playing some good stuff. I wonder who Moyes was looking at the other night????

They have had some good results. Beating Chelsea and coming so close to against Tottenham. They looked like a good side, might see them in the Premiership soon who knows. I don't know who Moyes was looking at but he could be looking for lower league talent. Cheap, and always come good. With Lescott looking to be leaving either this window or next maybe David was looking for his replacement?

I dunno. He might have just been enjoying the game. B)

They have had some good results. Beating Chelsea and coming so close to against Tottenham. They looked like a good side, might see them in the Premiership soon who knows. I don't know who Moyes was looking at but he could be looking for lower league talent. Cheap, and always come good. With Lescott looking to be leaving either this window or next maybe David was looking for his replacement?

I dunno. He might have just been enjoying the game. B)

not a chance

I wonder who Moyes was looking at the other night????

Chris Eagles is having a good season by all accounts....young, English and versatile...and another ManU reject so would seem a big possibility :P .

Robbie Blake was the star on the night but he's thirty-two :) .

They have had some good results. Beating Chelsea and coming so close to against Tottenham. They looked like a good side, might see them in the Premiership soon who knows.

We could. They're only two points out of a playoff spot in the Championship right now - one good hot streak and they're right in it. Very different from Barnsley last year, who had a pretty mediocre season aside from the FA Cup.

Burnley will write to the Football League to ask if Jermain Defoe was eligible to play for Tottenham in the Carling Cup semi-final second leg.

Defoe was not registered as a Tottenham player until after the first leg, and Burnley believe the rules state a player must be signed before the ‘tie’ starts.