IGNORED

Australian Open

Just wanted to gauge how much you guys care about it over in England. It's basically the only thing we hear about over here for the 2 weeks that it's on which is fine by me as Lleyton Hewitt is my favourite sportsman of all time and I love tennis in general. Also wanted to know what you guys think about Andy Murray, he's the bookies favourite to win the whole thing (even though I think he will lose to Verdasco tomorrow). I've heard about Henman's hill becoming Murray's mound but the bloke is a Scot, surely you guys haven't sunk that low?

I'm not really a great follower of Tennis. One of the main reasons because we suck, Tim Henman was regarded as the best in our country for a while, but whenever he came up against competition he would drop out. I've not really seen much of him play, the main reason because he wasn't still playing in the tournement.

Wimbledon gets quite big over here. People start to get exited and happy, I haven't a clue as to why. Were not going to win. Andy Murray does seem like a good Tennis player though. I'm just not a big fan of watching people hit a ball over a net to each other. It all seems rather dull to me. Wimbledon is the only time that I will even look for Tennis scores, and thats because my nan wants to know them. :rolleyes:

...the bloke is a Scot, surely you guys haven't sunk that low?

When people from north of the border are losers (football team for example) they're Scottish. When they win they are British :P .

Go Andy!!

He's a great player, will stuff Verdasco out of sight, but I'd be more confident of him making the final if he was in the same half of the draw as Federer, who he's beating consistantly now. Nadal will be much tougher.

Did you know incidentally, that he's pretty lucky to be around still, survived the Dunblane Massacre (link).

Henman was an extremely good player, four in the world at best, won a lot of tournaments, but Murray (love him or hate him) is on a different level altogether.

Finally. Lived in Wimbledon for ten years, nice place but bloody chaotic two weeks every year :) .

...will stuff Verdasco out of sight,

OK...maybe not.. wake up and it's 1-1 in the fifth set :unsure: .

And he's lost....good call Jesse (bloody Scots <_< :D ).

What went wrong for Hewitt btw? In his teens he looked like he'd be world number one and win shit loads of Grand Slams but he never got close to fulfilling his potential. Obnoxious little shit as well but that's just a personal opinion :) .

What went wrong for Hewitt btw? In his teens he looked like he'd be world number one and win shit loads of Grand Slams but he never got close to fulfilling his potential. Obnoxious little shit as well but that's just a personal opinion :) .

It was a mixture of injuries and the game simply passing him by. Around 2005/06 he got back up to number 2 in the world behind Federer but since then the game has changed so that it is virtually impossible for someone who is 5 foot 10, hits the ball really flat and doesn't have a big serve to compete with the best in the world.