IGNORED

6 News Walkers Flavours

Lowensda

I wasn't sure if this has been done already but i'm enquiring into whether people have tried and voted on the new Walkers Flavours?? I've tried 4 out of 6 so far and this is how i rank them :P

1. Crispy Duck and Hoi-sin sauce - Amazing!! My favourite, gotta win, it's sold out in our local...must say something haha

2. Chilli and Chocolate - I'm a chocoholic so im slightly biased on this, but again what a flavour...it shouldn't work but by god, it does!!

3. Onion Bhaji - I wasn't too keen but i must say, pretty good. The flavour does get a bit boring after a while!

4. Builders Breakfast - I can't really rank this one myuself as it's one of the packs i haven't tried, most people have said they're ok...maybe a little too much egg??

5. Cajun Squirral - The 1st pack i bought...wish i f**kin hadn't...taste of bark. Horrible!!

6. Fish and Chips - Right, another flavour i haven't tried but this went straight to the bottom, for 3 reasons. a) Everyone i know whos had them said, they were a poor effort at Prawn cocktail and really not nice! b ) I hate fish, don't like the smell or taste so thats that one sorted!! and c) Chips are potato, how the hell do you take the flavour of a CHIP in a crisp!? its nearly the same friggin thing?!

So yeah, has anyone tried them all, and where would you rate them? Be interesting to see if a 'foreign' flavour makes the great british flavour taste? :D

Edited by tenaciousj

Not tried any of them but I'd (on description) have to go with the duck or the bhaji (didn't we try to sign a guy called that once :mellow: ).

Chocolate crisps :o ? Never :angry: .

Used to love spring onion flavour but I don't think anyone makes them any more :( .

Not tried any of them but I'd (on description) have to go with the duck or the bhaji (didn't we try to sign a guy called that once :mellow: ).

Chocolate crisps :o ? Never :angry: .

Used to love spring onion flavour but I don't think anyone makes them any more :( .

Oh god,. I remember them! They where really nice.

As for the new flavours, Hoisan Duck is the best and the Squirrel is the worst. The Chilli and Chocolate is nice but not as nice as actual Chilli Chocolate, I had it when i was in Mexico. I think that is where is originates from and it was suprisingly nice!

The competition they ran for these crisp flavours was crazy. The six people who got there flavours chosen each won £10k. The flavour that then gets chosen then wins an additional £50k, plus they get a percentage on all crisp sales for their flavour which they calculate will be roughly an additional £50k over the course of the year. £110k for picking a flavour! Madness. Not bad though.

Amazing how many flavours there are around the world under the "Lays" (Walker' parent company) brand name.

I love Oregano flavour when I'm in Greece so I thought I'd have a look at the national variations. There are...ahem....one or two...

Barbecue, sour cream & onion, cheddar & sour cream, Hidden Valley Ranch, salt & vinegar, salt & pepper, Flamin' hot, dill pickle, limón (Lime), curry, ketchup, poutine, pizza, Fries'n Gravy, roast chicken, smokey bacon, salsa, wasabi, spicy Indian masala, sea salt, pepper, Feta cheese, Tzatziki, Olive and Tomato, Oregano, Sea Salt & Black Pepper, Olive Oil and Parmesan Cheese, Olive Oil and Tomato, Olive Oil and Basil, Greek Tzatziki Cheese with onions, Lasagna, Beef Carpaccio with Parmeggiano, Smoked Manchego Cheese, Cucumber and Goats Cheese, Lemon and Cilantro (Coriander), Sour Cream and Onions, cilantro, hot & sweet chili, sweet corn and cotija cheese, Magic Masala, Nori Seaweed, Basil, Squid, Spicy Chili Squid, Seafood and Mayonaise, Spicy Seafood, prawn cocktail, beef & onion, Greek kebab, Marmite, Greek Feta & Herb, Italian Tomato & Basil, Chicken, Sour cream & Cheese, Ham & cheese, Mushrooms & Sour cream, Crab and Red caviar, Green Onion, Original, Paprika, Hot pepper, Fromage, young potates with basil, ham, tomato and basil, tomato Parmesan, queso andino (Andean cheese), crab, bacon, cheddar, Tom Yum, Thai Chili Paste, Thai Seafood Dip, Chili and Lime.

....to name but a few :o .