IGNORED

Khan V Barrera

Who do you think will win this so called 'Sky Classic'

IMO Barrera is another step too far for Khan, his glass jaw will give way within three rounds. Khan can't win this unless of course money has changed hands, he doesn't have the class, ability or punch to stop this guy. Remember Barrera took Prince Nassem apart with ease and although he is eight years older he still has enough to beat glass jawed Khan

Jimmy the Blue's forecast Barrera win KO in three

Who do you think will win this so called 'Sky Classic'

IMO Barrera is another step too far for Khan, his glass jaw will give way within three rounds. Khan can't win this unless of course money has changed hands, he doesn't have the class, ability or punch to stop this guy. Remember Barrera took Prince Nassem apart with ease and although he is eight years older he still has enough to beat glass jawed Khan

Jimmy the Blue's forecast Barrera win KO in three

Barrera is too experienced and tough.

That a-hole Warren has put him in there so he can remove Khan from his books. They have committed millions towards Khan's career but people are no realising he is not very good. Massively overhyped. He get's paid vastly more than world champions like Froch which is desperately unfair.

Guest efctaxi

I think Khan is a world class fighter , and potential champion .

Is he being moved too quickly ? Possibly , but he has the fire power to win this one , and if he gets off to a good start , then I think he'll knock the guy out .

Is he being moved too quickly ? Possibly , but he has the fire power to win this one , and if he gets off to a good start , then I think he'll knock the guy out .

Sorry mate but Khan is nowhere near a world class fighter you can not even say he is one in the making, To be granted that kind of status you need to clear out the Domestic scene then European and onto the world stage.

He has fought not one fighter yet of any merit bar part time mechanics and a journeyman in Prescott who KO'd him in 54 seconds the skill difference from who he has fought to who he will have to in the future thats if he has one is way way past that of fighters like Prescott men like Pacquiao David Diaz would literally put him in hospital he will never be as good as those fighters and the lightweight division is full of far better fighters.

This fight with Barrera is an obvious attempt by Warren to say we beat a legand if he pulls it off, do you really think this would have gone ahead if Barrera was five to eight years younger no chance and thats the only chance he has of winning this fight is by using his age as Barrera has past his peak and isn't as durable as he was and Khan may win as said Barrera is part it but i still think he will get another wake up call.

He has been very carefully guided to where he is now by Frank the plank Warren and any person that follows the sport can see that he is a poor copy of Hamed and will never be a world champion even in todays boxing world you can't fix a broken chin he may win a shite title and defend it for ages against clowns but he will never be a real world champion.

Barrera in the fourth KO.

Edited by EFC-Paul

efc, even Khans trainer says that if he loses this fight he is finished.......................you don't say things like that to a world class fighter, world hyped may be certainly not classed

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I think just the same as what Jimmy said, I'm not that high up on boxing but I believe that this is too much of a step up for Amir. He's massivly over-hyped and needs to remember that he's still a young boxer, not a world champion. Taxi can hope that Khan wins but I'll bet against it, he's not a world champion in the making right now and will get beaten by the experiance and skill of Barrera.

Khan will get absolutely flattened by Barrera. Shame I can't watch it happen because I cba paying for it :P .

I'm not Khan's biggest fan for his actions outside Boxing. Khan was convicted of careless driving at Bolton Crown Court and given a six month driving ban and a £1000 fine, he's not the greatest role model in the world for the kids that look up to him. He's in the media spotlight now and needs to act like a responsible adult.

Well Khan won and like most boxing sites are saying 'it may not have been fair or square'

for Khan to have done that to a guy whose punching power could lift a man off his feet leaves me suspicious especially when Don King is involved, no matter Khan has the victory and I like many others have egg on our faces :rolleyes:

Well Khan won and like most boxing sites are saying 'it may not have been fair or square'

for Khan to have done that to a guy whose punching power could lift a man off his feet leaves me suspicious especially when Don King is involved, no matter Khan has the victory and I like many others have egg on our faces :rolleyes:

Worst thing to ever happen to boxing Donkey King spoilt the best boxer the world has seen in Tyson :angry: Hollow victory for me as he was doomed as soon as they clashed heads with all that blood he could only see out of one eye :oneeyed01:. What really gets me is how boxing has become the Sky commentators are in on this cash-cow aswell making out it was some superb victory yes a great scalp to take but the clash of heads decided it and at 35 Barrera is far past it he has fought seven rounds in the last two years ffs!! the last bloke he fought has nine fights and lost seven of those.

Oh well Warren seems to want a title shot now so we will see what happens with this so called win now i am sure its got a few of the decent fighters looking to Khans corner to shut them up i just hope they make a match up with either Pacquiao Campbell Casa or Diaz in the future.

Worst thing to ever happen to boxing Donkey King spoilt the best boxer the world has seen in Tyson :angry: Hollow victory for me as he was doomed as soon as they clashed heads with all that blood he could only see out of one eye :oneeyed01:. What really gets me is how boxing has become the Sky commentators are in on this cash-cow aswell making out it was some superb victory yes a great scalp to take but the clash of heads decided it and at 35 Barrera is far past it he has fought seven rounds in the last two years ffs!! the last bloke he fought has nine fights and lost seven of those.

Oh well Warren seems to want a title shot now so we will see what happens with this so called win now i am sure its got a few of the decent fighters looking to Khans corner to shut them up i just hope they make a match up with either Pacquiao Campbell Casa or Diaz in the future.

I totally agree Paul but surely he must beat Prescott before having a title shot..............................pity is boxing isn't that honest :angry:

Guest efctaxi

Yes you do :)

Cut or no cut , Khan proved he was a class fighter .

How did he prove he is a class fighter mate he fought a 35 year old who had fought seven rounds of boxing in the last two years and who's last fight was against a man who had nine fights lost seven of those i think.

He won the fight due to a cut from a clash of heads very early on so Barrera was fighting with one eye due to the blood he may have been up on points but you could see he punches had nothing in them and at some point Barrera would have caught him if the fight had gone on and it would have been good night vienna.

The lad has most of the tools required but has not proved a thing in the boxing world apart from a silver medal in a top amatuer competition as you can tell i do not like the lad and it is because he is a paper fighter who will be guided not put through the ranks like all great fighters by a corrupt knob like Warren.

He is far from class its obvious to most he isn't you only have to look at who he has boxed erm no one apart from a past it Barrera i would like to see who he faces next if they want a title shot he will have a rough ride getting there if they do it the right way.

A taste of what he will come up against if he ever gets a shot if you look at the skill and chins these blokes have i very much doubt Khan could take those shots and be standing let alone give shots back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqlgtdB-dEc

Edited by EFC-Paul

Guest efctaxi

Juan Diaz is a good opponent , but I don't think he has the hand speed to match Khan , and Khan can punch hard with it .

So the guy got caught . Everyone does eventually , but it's how they deal with it .

It matters not what anyone here thinks , including myself , but I still think he's quality , and will go on to prove himself in the ring .

Just my opinion :)

I wouldn't say that you have much to crow about on that result efc, your forecast was a Khan win by KO in the first round, not even Amirs grandma thought that would happen. He didn't KO a fighter who proved to be so far over the hill that I doubt if he'll ever box again, and that was despite him being blinded by blood in one eye, I've had that and its not nice...............so much for his hand speed.

His handlers are now talking of him getting a title match, why should he, he has yet to avenge his defeat against Prescott who's hand speed was fast, Khan didn't see it coming