IGNORED

Gobbing.

Bill

It gets up my nose (no pun), the way footballers are constantly spitting, gobbing and snotting all over the pitch nowadays.

You can't get a close-up picture of a player on TV without seeing him clear his nose and throat, Its no wonder players keep slipping and sliding at the precise moment when they need to get a tackle in, the pitch is so slippery.

You wouldn't want to do a sliding tackle or you risk getting covered in some sort of disgusting mess.

I think its bloody awfull, was wondering what other peeps thought about it.

sometimes you cant help it, you mouth just fills up with saliva through running round.

Same. When you've been playing football you do need to clear your mouth. When I'm playing during the week I always do it, it's part of football I guess. Your body gets tired and makes saliva. It's not the greatest thing on Earth to see but it's the result of hard work. I don't see a problem with it and I don't see it that much (probably because I'm used to it)

Although the golfer thing is a bit too much, you can't get too tired from walking three-hundred yards with a club in your hand :rolleyes:

My mum reckons players should be fined for spitting.. she hates it too and it puts her off watching matches !

That's a bit harsh Louis, you can break someones leg into three pieces, maybe get sent off, but not fined.......yet a sneeze could cost you a weeks wage!

I can see it now Louis! when you were a lad!.......Mum say's" I saw you spitting again Louis".......NO pocket money this week :angry:

Seriously though, it's after every shot or tackle, when the camera zooms in!....you just know it's going to happen.

Thinking about it!......of course you get fined for getting sent off.....don't you?

Does anyone know what the fines are for yellow and red cards?

That's a bit harsh Louis, you can break someones leg into three pieces, maybe get sent off, but not fined.......yet a sneeze could cost you a weeks wage!

I can see it now Louis! when you were a lad!.......Mum say's" I saw you spitting again Louis".......NO pocket money this week :angry:

Seriously though, it's after every shot or tackle, when the camera zooms in!....you just know it's going to happen.

Thinking about it!......of course you get fined for getting sent off.....don't you?

Does anyone know what the fines are for yellow and red cards?

Her logic is, you'd get fined spitting in the street if caught.. ;)

Her logic is, you'd get fined spitting in the street if caught.. ;)

When playing golf and you find yourself faced by a dollop of phlegm on the green between you and the hole you don't get relief its not classed as a water hazard or loose impediment...................sometimes its that large they might as well have crapped on the green :(