IGNORED

Sports Connection Quiz (4)

Ian..There's a bloke called Ian who sells the Big Issue in Trafalgar Square. You'll just have to take my word for it (though Jim obviously knows him).

Baker..There's currently a job opportunity for a bakery operative in Twickenham (LINK), which is on the Thames.

Finch..Lake Finch is a beautiful spot in Colorado (LINK).

Ian Baker-Finch!

These are getting too easy Jim....NEXT!

Ian..There's a bloke called Ian who sells the Big Issue in Trafalgar Square. You'll just have to take my word for it (though Jim obviously knows him).

Baker..There's currently a job opportunity for a bakery operative in Twickenham (LINK), which is on the Thames.

Finch..Lake Finch is a beautiful spot in Colorado (LINK).

Ian Baker-Finch!

These are getting too easy Jim....NEXT!

The Beard is your man Mike

Lets see, you've got the wrong Ian, the wrong Baker and it isn't Lake Finch, nona nona no :P:P:P

Brunswick!

Brunswick Square, Bloomsbury, London.

Brunswick Dock, on the Thames at Blackwall.

Brunswick Lake is in Virginia, US of A.

And Brunswick are the leading manufacturers of bowling equipment.

If that's not the right answer then it bloody well ought to be :P .

Do you come up with these yourself Jim? Clever stuff if you do.

Brunswick!

Brunswick Square, Bloomsbury, London.

Brunswick Dock, on the Thames at Blackwall.

Brunswick Lake is in Virginia, US of A.

And Brunswick are the leading manufacturers of bowling equipment.

If that's not the right answer then it bloody well ought to be :P .

Do you come up with these yourself Jim? Clever stuff if you do.

They are all my own invention Mike, I used to do a quiz for GOT mate but so many googled answers I just thought about using a bit of lateral thinking....................it seems to work :lol:

To your answer...................................no it has bugger all to do with bowling equipment.

A clue..................the lake is in Florida :P

Have a nice day :lol:

Mine is a perfectly valid answer. Just because it doesn't happen to be the connection you thought of doesn't make it wrong.

I blame the questionmaster for setting an ambiguous task. Sack him :lol: !

Mike please state clearly what you mean by the word valid as it had already been agreed that the answer has something to do with GOLF, nona nona no again my friend. Incidentally Brunswick dock is merely that, it does not form a part of the banks of the Thames as its constructed on reconstituted land so you are wrong yet again, this is becoming a habit :lol::lol::P:P:P

Edited by Jimmy the blue

There is a Lake Kissimme in Florida but what the hell it has to do with other clues I haven't the foggiest, so i reckon its wrong lol.

There are many lakes in Florida and as Mike has proven there are some in Virginia as well :lol::lol::lol:

Stick with the Lake, Golf and Florida

Big clue the answer is a competition, can't stand the thought of Mike pulling his hair out while building a shed :lol::lol:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

No mention of golf in the original question as far as I can see...

What connects

A London Square

the banks of the Thames

and a lake in America

.....and just how do you suppose they got the water from the Thames into Brunswick Dock? Eh? Answer me that!!!

In a Volkswagon Beetle perhaps?

NO! They channelled it by cutting a dirty big hole in the riverbank!

Legally you don't have a leg to stand on and unless I get my prize you'll be hearing from my lawyer in the morning :angry: .

No mention of golf in the original question as far as I can see...

.....and just how do you suppose they got the water from the Thames into Brunswick Dock? Eh? Answer me that!!!

In a Volkswagon Beetle perhaps?

NO! They channelled it by cutting a dirty big hole in the riverbank!

Legally you don't have a leg to stand on and unless I get my prize you'll be hearing from my lawyer in the morning :angry: .

Piss off and get your lawyer, sue me why don't you YOU ARE WRONG now take it like a man and not a fart :jerry: :withstupid: :suicide_anim: :suicide_anim: :crying_anim: :crying_anim:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Big clue the answer is a competition, can't stand the thought of Mike pulling his hair out while building a shed :lol::lol:

I think I might have it.

Lake Byron, in Volusia County, Florida

Nelson's column, in Trafalgar Square

and the Four Seasons Hotel at Canary Wharf, which is on the banks of the Thames

Put them together and you get the Byron Nelson Championship, which is played annually at the Four Seasons Resort in the Dallas, Texas area.

I think I might have it.

Lake Byron, in Volusia County, Florida

Nelson's column, in Trafalgar Square

and the Four Seasons Hotel at Canary Wharf, which is on the banks of the Thames

Put them together and you get the Byron Nelson Championship, which is played annually at the Four Seasons Resort in the Dallas, Texas area.

Sorry JD that is wrong, Nelsons column is in Trafalgar Sq but the connection carries the name of the square.

I'll be away from the site for a few days so the answers to both quizes will be sent to Bill, he can either run the quiz or post the answers

Sorry JD that is wrong...

Again Jim it's not wrong, I think it's a genius answer....almost as good as Brunswick :lol: .

You have only yourself to blame for asking questions with multiple answers....you might as well ask us to to name a colour and then say "blue" is wrong because it's not the one you're thinking of :P .

And Bill's very unreliable....best send the answers to me to be on the safe side....I'm very trustworthy :angel: :whistle: .

Again Jim it's not wrong, I think it's a genius answer....almost as good as Brunswick :lol: .

You have only yourself to blame for asking questions with multiple answers....you might as well ask us to to name a colour and then say "blue" is wrong because it's not the one you're thinking of :P .

And Bill's very unreliable....best send the answers to me to be on the safe side....I'm very trustworthy :angel: :whistle: .

The anwers are already in transit to Mr Bill Mike, just for the record the name of the lake has been mentioned on more than one occasion in this thread :P:P

I hope to be back before the next match!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm done with this one. I've spent too much time on it already and all three possible answers I've come up with have either been shot down or already eliminated by Jimmy's hints.

And yeah, I am a little frustrated about that. <_<

Jimmys answer in "En Bloc"...........

The answer is the Tavistock Cup

This is a competition between two huge gold condo's in Florida, one is called Isleworth (which is the name of a stretch of the Thames) and the other is Lake Nona which I have mentioned in the thread three or four times.

The participants are all top notch players, Woods, Ells and many others and it was live on the box last week covering six hours TV for two nights.

--------------

I think he want somebody to keep the quizzes going til he comes back. Any offers. ???