IGNORED

Navy Blue In London

navyblue

Hi everyone,

New member here, (though i've been coming to the site for over 3 years...just never got round to registering!) As you might guess from the name, i'm in the Royal Navy. As you can imagine, it can be hard to get to matches when your ship is in the middle of the sea! But I do try to get to at least a few matches a season. However, i've just been posted to London for the next year, so hopefully I will get to a few more. Now i'm going to be cheeky! I know all the controversy that rages over sit at home fans looking to get tickets for big matches, but it's like this....The last time I got to go to a decent amount of matches was in 94/95 before I joined up. I queued for about 13 hours to get tickets for the Final that year, only to get to get halfway down Bullens Road and they sold out...Gutted. So I have never seen the Blues at wembley. I know it's a big ask but if anybody isn't going, and is able to offer me a spare, I would be the happiest sailor in the world!! I have already had an offer from a family friend, but he is on a concessionary (OAP) season ticket, and I know he can only get a concessionary ticket to the semi. (I'm getting on, but I don't look 65...yet!) Anyway, feel free to hurl abuse, but friendly comments would be better :)

i'm in the Royal Navy.

Great job mate :)

Last year I was around a careers convention and was speaking to some of the military people about job vacancies. Would be good to something like that in later life. The whole boat thing does seem like a neat thing to be doing on a daily basic, I was intrested in that and the RAF. Sound like two good jobs IMO.

Like the other people have said - Welcome to the site!