IGNORED

Royle & Johnson....

Joe Royle comes face-to-face today with Peter Johnson - the man who broke his heart at Everton.

Oldham boss Royle takes on Johnson's League One rivals Tranmere on his second managerial 'debut' and admits the pair are sorry about the rift at Goodison. Royle quit after a row with chairman Johnson, but said: "We have only ever fallen out for 40 minutes. It was a decision we have both regretted ever since.

"I saw him on holiday last summer.

We were on a boat, talking football for hours while we sailed around Mallorca. We had just totally misunderstood one another at Everton."

Hmmmm...

Well he's obviously said that in a interview, and I doubt that he would come out all guns blazing at Johnson in one of those. I'm unsure how much of what he's just said is true...

Edit: Joe Royle was denied a fairytale return to Boundary Park as play-off rivals Tranmere ran out comfortable winners. Royle, back after a 15-year break, saw Lee Hughes hit the post from a tight angle in the first half. But Tranmere also wasted openings through Ian Moore, Ed Sonko and Bas Savage before Charlie Barnett's 10-yard volley put them ahead after the break. Barnett was then tripped by Stefan Stam, who received his second booking, and Moore tucked away the penalty.

Goals:

Barnett 57'

Moore (pen) 74'

Edited by dark