IGNORED

Sven Fired By Mexico

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/socc...d.ap/index.html

Same old problems with the Mexicans. They can't lose at home, they can't win on the road (especially against the USA, which probably rankles them more than anything else), and the head coaches are still hamstrung by all the internal politics of team selection in that country. I doubt the next coach - or any future coach - will fare any better than Sven, until there are fundamental changes in the way their national team is run.

Just a thought... I cant see Ramos being at real come the end of the season, just cant see why real would extend his contract if capello was sacked after he won the league, they are out the champions league in a very disappointing way, league is slipping away last I saw. Sven to be linked to the real job? does well with big name players by past experiances.

And to bring it full circle, the Mexicans have rehired Javier Aguirre, who was their coach at the '02 World Cup and was just sacked by the other Madrid (Atletico) a couple of months ago.

Eriksson's business manager says his first choice would be to coach in the Premiership again, though.

It's a shame as I think he could achieve success and regain alot of respect by moving to europe outside of england. But i guess money talks to him now. God knows why as from the payouts he mus have got from England, City and Mexico he must be pretty set. Oh well, if he wants money over sucess then I guess then that is his choice.

Guest efctaxi

I think had he still been at City , they would be a great threat by now .

I hope to one day see him T-bagging mourinho on spitting image too :lol:

Just a thought... I cant see Ramos being at real come the end of the season, just cant see why real would extend his contract if capello was sacked after he won the league, they are out the champions league in a very disappointing way, league is slipping away last I saw. Sven to be linked to the real job? does well with big name players by past experiances.

There will be a lot of changes at Real Madrid. The force that they once were has gone and someone needs to bring that back in. Real used to be considered one of the finest teams in Europe.

I think had he still been at City , they would be a great threat by now .

I hope to one day see him T-bagging mourinho on spitting image too :lol:

Agree with you there. Manchester City would be along with us and Villa if they were still under Sven Goran, they hired the wrong managed after him. It was a step back.

Apparently he'll be the next Sunderland manager.

Sunderland? Hmm..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest football_crazy
There will be a lot of changes at Real Madrid. The force that they once were has gone and someone needs to bring that back in. Real used to be considered one of the finest teams in Europe.

Agree with you there. Manchester City would be along with us and Villa if they were still under Sven Goran, they hired the wrong managed after him. It was a step back.

Sunderland? Hmm..

He's definitely going to have more success away from the Prem. If you agree with me, there's an online campaign to keep him away from the Premiership - you can vote at www.extrafootie.co.uk/sven

Guest efctaxi
Why is there a campaign against him, I hate the guy but???????

He did get inside a certain pair of knickers though at the time she was still a fit piece :lol: