IGNORED

27 Point Gap

I do admit firstly that i am a Kopite and naturally im happy the way this season has turned out.

But i am suprised at the fact that there is currently a 27 point gap between Liverpool and Everton right now.

I certainly never expected that at the start of the season, so its come as much of a suprise to me as it has to you Evertonians im sure.

Especially after the events of last season were by your team finished 4th.

I can only guess that Liverpool's European cup win did more psychological damage to Everton/Everton fans that first thought.

Believe me when i say that it came as much of an unexpected shock to Liverpool fans as it did to you lot im sure.

The team that finished 1 place above us last season, this season now 27 points behind - what else could be the reasons if not that?

you brave on an Everton forum but you not being an asshole (which is a suprise for a liverpool fan). personnaly i believe that its down to David Moyes being a tight jock. He seems to enjoy selling players but not buying players. Everton this season have been a complete joke and have lacked ambition. Putting out a side in the champions league which contained david weir, james mcfadden, kevin kilbane and lee carsley how are we going to compete. At the end of last season DM souldn't have took the team to asia instead he should have took us to ireland or scotland and focused on purchasing quality players like Robbie Keane, Momo Sissoko, Scot Parker, Emre and Matthew Upson.

Hi Sonner..thanks for your reply.

Im not on here to engage in any Liverpool/Everton slanging matches - just to have discussions like the one i started above.

As i said, after the events of last season..im suprised as to how this season has turned out as much as what you are im sure.

I think we were hit from the European Cup draw it was a tough one then when we got beat by the Ref i think it knocked the stuffing out of us and made what should have been an easy Eufa cup tie well you know the rest and from then on it was down hill and took us half a season to get over it. Moyes and the board didnt move us on squad wise in the summer when we where at our most marketable Champions League qualifiers - these guys cant sell our beloved club Walter Smith brought in better players than Moyes has and we were in a worse positon then. We basically went backwards it will be interesting to see who he signs in the summer and hopefully we can close that gap on you RS next season.

Yeah Redcard, we are not as surprised as you are, last season we overperformed, and we were slightly lucky that you were in a transitional period, i think the extra games on the run to instanbul took your mind off the league in the later stages. Seems this year Rafa's got it right, where as Moysey hasnt, no signings of any note, and some of the signings he has made havent been that much of an improvement to the squad.

Money also plays a part in the building of a decent squad, and thats something we havent got a lot of.

The diadolical start we had to this seasons campaign just about finished us off, our thoughts Quickly turned to survival more than anything else.

2nd or 3rd in the league and a Cup final is a good season for you, we cant complain who has been the best team in the city this season. we hope to push you a bit more next season .....................if we dont have a start like we did this season, and if we can get a couple of quality players in. :)

Especially after the events of last season were by your team finished 4th.

I can only guess that Liverpool's European cup win did more psychological damage to Everton/Everton fans that first thought.

Believe me when i say that it came as much of an unexpected shock to Liverpool fans as it did to you lot im sure.

The team that finished 1 place above us last season, this season now 27 points behind - what else could be the reasons if not that?

I think Everton concentrated a bit too hard on Europe in the beginning of the season and paid the price. Although a bit unlucky to get knocked out, they took a while to get into the league. The quick exit from Europe had a HUGE effect on their season.

If you take away the early part of the season, you'd be looking at Everton scrambling for a UEFA Cup spot atleast.

Secondly, the paper thin squad never helped. A couple of injuries and you are always looking at problems to fill in 11 players.

Thirdly, Kroldrup, Davies and Van Der Meyde never got going this season. Beattie, too took a long while to lose a bit of weight and then catch a bit of form lately.

If you look, Cahill's season as not been anywhere as impactful as it was last season, Everton do missed his goals from midfield. That is a MAJOR reason, IMO.

And finally, if you are talking about the now, 30 point gap, it has loads to do with the fact that Liverpool have been air tight at the back and have got crucial goals when it counts. We have had a fantastic season.