IGNORED

Getting A Sig

garyandniki

Used to be one or two people on here who made them, don't know if you'll find any takers....I make (or steal) my own, it's not difficult, give it a go :) . Surprised how many I've got looking back, but all a bit old now....maybe need to do a new one for myself. Here's a few previous ones...

Beattie.jpg

labone.jpg

sigev.jpg

sig4.jpg

beachsig.jpg

eveavatar.jpg

vdmsig2.jpg

efcracism.gif

scarves.jpg

Guest efctaxi

I basically look for ideas , and play around with stuff in Photoshop .

The Everton sign is just a gif , which can be made bigger smaller etc , or moved around .

Then basically play around with the text untill something looks ok , by either using fonts , colours , or styles .

Can all be done in about 5 mins for something like this .

You can take any picture , and remove something from it , such as a face etc , and stick it into what ever you want , simply by opening the image , pressing control + Alt + X and drawing round it , before filling it with paint , ok'ing it , and rubber a few bits that might be left over out ( erase ) .

Edited by efctaxi

Which might look something like this

sig1.jpg

you were right the background is quite nice, need a little work though - personally i'd have cropped a darker bit as it's a grunge background so it gives it that sorta rough feel and also it looks better with light fonts over it. you could do with losing the 1878 i think as it looks a bit messy because it's not clear to read and also changing both fonts. the font used for the name doesn't fit very well with the background it needs, for me anyway, to stand out more. the toffeetalk font should be more along the lines of what the name is at the moment i think, more discrete...maybe reduce the fill to 0 and add an outer glow of 1 or 2 px, possibly a drop shadow.

did you make the background by yourself by the way? if so that's quite a decent grunge brush/set that you've used...nice one.

Edited by CraccerC

Guest efctaxi
you were right the background is quite nice, need a little work though - personally i'd have cropped a darker bit as it's a grunge background so it gives it that sorta rough feel and also it looks better with light fonts over it. you could do with losing the 1878 i think as it looks a bit messy because it's not clear to read and also changing both fonts. the font used for the name doesn't fit very well with the background it needs, for me anyway, to stand out more. the toffeetalk font should be more along the lines of what the name is at the moment i think, more discrete...maybe reduce the fill to 0 and add an outer glow of 1 or 2 px, possibly a drop shadow.

did you make the background by yourself by the way? if so that's quite a decent grunge brush/set that you've used...nice one.

No , I searched for it at the time I was making some stuff for Bill .

I'm really only at about 1% with Photoshop though , so most stuff is trial and error , as I don't use it enough to remember what does what .

NICE .. now we know where to send peeps if they want a sig or avatar making up, Craccer or Taxi, thanks lads. :)

Guest efctaxi
NICE .. now we know where to send peeps if they want a sig or avatar making up, Craccer or Taxi, thanks lads. :)

Nah , I'm crap , and simply have a go , so would be nice to see a professional example from Craccer to show us how it's done :)

Guest efctaxi
Anybody know if i can get Photoshop on a free Dowload. ???

I have a blag copy that works perfectly .

Might be able to send it by mail , or if I get chance , I'll see if I can upload it somewhere for you all to download :)

Remind me .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest efctaxi
sorry its late i would like to say thanx for your ideas. and would like to say thnx to efctaxi i took the sig he made.. :o

Glad to be of some help . You're welcome mate .