IGNORED

Swine Fever/flu

I was reading about the last major Pandemic to sweep accross the world (The Spanish Flu, in 1918) I had not realised that this is wha had killed Gustav Klimt. I found that quite interesting! Did anyone else go to see his work displayed in Liverpool last year? Great artist.

Killed (at the highest estimate) up to one in twenty of the population of the planet (and more than double the amount of people killed in WW1) so it was bound to grab a few famous faces. Got Egon Schiele and Harold Gilman as well, two other great artists.

Wife loves Klimt, we have a couple of prints on the walls of O towers :) .

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bring this back up because here in Australia, recently in our National Rugby League competition there was a representative game which involved players travelling to interstate to play, and consequently by travelling around a few I believe have tested positive to Swine Flu, namely Ben Hannant who is a star forward for the Canterbury Bulldogs and a representative player for Queensland. The impact has been quite big as players may have to miss important games coming up, and there was talk of calling off games however I don't think that will happen if players sit out while they are sick.

State of Origin made quite an impact with Pig Flu. Think Lockyer and a few of the Broncos guys were put into quarantine, and still some chat about some of the other blokes that were involved.

Hope it doesn't have an impact on the next SOO game, and hopefully Setanta wont have gone completely tits up before the series finishes.