IGNORED

Jo On Loan Next Season?

Its being reported in the Daily Post this morning that Moysie may attempt to sign Jo on a season long loan next season. As we are desperately short upfront and dont appear to have the money to go out and buy a forward I suppose it wouldnt be a bad move

Maybe with a good preseason under his belt Moyse could get something out of him

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everto...92534-23692660/

I'd definately say yes to this. Not only is it a cheaper option to increasing our strike-force for next season, but also Jo has proved at times he can be a great player, and that's considering the amount of time he's had here, so imagine if we got him for 12 more months :)

I'd be made up with this. I have really been impressed with his work rate recently and I would like to see him stay at the club in some capacity. Just not for a stupid fee. Another loan would suit me fine, however I cant see it happening.

Why not?

If City buy a fraction of the players that they are linked with then there would be no room for Jo, especially considering they already have much better options than him in their squad as it is, and the only club that are daft enough to pay even half the amount that City bought him for are City themsleves!

So a loan could well be in the best intrests of all concerned. If we did get him for the season I would hope that someone explains to him that he has got to put in an occasional performance away from home as well as at Goodison

This would be the ideal move IMO, it'd even benefit City. He's looked decent, and pure quality at times, so we could benefit from giving him a full pre-season and having him play from the start of the season. If he does shit then we can send him back. And City could then see how he'd really cope in the Premiership with a full season under his belt and if they so wish they could have him back.

If Man City gave the slightest hint that another loan season was possible, it would mean they still don't rate him, there is no club willing to buy him or a combination of the two.

Has Moyes seen enough from Jo to make him want to keep him here.....is that our only option, as it seems we don't have much spending money.

What does Moyes see as his future best formation, and where does a fully fit Yakubu, Vaughan and Anichebe fit into that.....I wont add Saha to that fully fit bit, as he just never will be FULLY fit.

Yakubu, Jo, Vaughan, Saha, Anichebe....who's the best lone striker? Which two work best together?

What is our best formation?

I would like to see us perhaps go into next season with Yakubu, Vaughan, Anichebe and Jo......with only Saha being allowed to leave.I know he scored twice last week, but one was a penalty and the other was a tap in, his wages would cover Jo's, and I think those four mentioned forwards staying, and staying fit could offer Moyes enough options for a lone striker or a combination.

So yes, if we can have Jo on another seasons loan, then it could work out good for us.

Guest efctaxi

If Jo does come on another loan , and I doubt he will , as Hughes will want to justify his business decisions , then you can say goodbye to Lescott 100% .

No way are City going to be took the P out of , so a little give and take will be required .

Everton are standing in City's way at the moment , so turn the tables . Would you lend Jo to them ?

If Jo does come on another loan , and I doubt he will , as Hughes will want to justify his business decisions , then you can say goodbye to Lescott 100% .

No way are City going to be took the P out of , so a little give and take will be required .

Everton are standing in City's way at the moment , so turn the tables . Would you lend Jo to them ?

I dont see why Lescott whould have to go the other way? We would be loaning Jo not buying him so any sort of deal involving Lescott unless they make a solid bid regardless of Jo's future wont come into it.

Its obvious they will spend big money and will bring in more firepower so Jo's future at City already looks pretty bleak and no other team will spend a similer fee for Jo as what City did so a loan would suit both clubs and if City thought Jo was a big threat they would not have loaned him to a rival club in the first place.

I hope we do get him for another year as i think he will do really well with a good pre-season under his belt and a fully or near fully fit squad around him.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I dont see why Lescott whould have to go the other way? We would be loaning Jo not buying him so any sort of deal involving Lescott unless they make a solid bid regardless of Jo's future wont come into it.

Its obvious they will spend big money and will bring in more firepower so Jo's future at City already looks pretty bleak and no other team will spend a similer fee for Jo as what City did so a loan would suit both clubs and if City thought Jo was a big threat they would not have loaned him to a rival club in the first place.

I hope we do get him for another year as i think he will do really well with a good pre-season under his belt and a fully or near fully fit squad around him.

I agree, the two are completely unrelated. Even if we tried to buy Jo they would ask for Lescott we say piss off no problem!

I doubt City would pull the plug on any deal just because they couldnt get Lescott. They are desperate to get rid of him and at the moment we are the only club showing any interest

Guest efctaxi

I spoke to Jo this morning .

He told me this :

Escute o taxista. Foi emitido por Deus para irritá-lo. filho feio não tem pai .

Case settled :)

Hughes didn't sign him. He was brought in by the club, not Hughes.

Guest efctaxi
Hughes didn't sign him. He was brought in by the club, not Hughes.

How does that work out ?

Hughes was at the club a month before Jo was signed . So from your statement , Mark Hughes had no say what so ever in Jo signing for City ?

Guest efctaxi
They where in advanced talks with Jo before Hughes was brought in. All the City fans I have spoken to all say the same, that he was not a Hughes signing which is why he was unwilling to give him as much as a crack at the whip while he was at City.

Ah , ok mate :)

I suspect that Moyes is trying a bit of brinkmanship here.......................what will Jo do back at Citeh, who is likely to pay them what they want, will they be prepared to pay him full wages fore doing nothing. In doing this Moyes is saying we will not pay stupid money for him under any circumstance, he will then suggest we have him back under the same arrangements for next season. I suspect that Jo will create hell when he goes back to Citeh saying that he is not wanted by them............................all this statement has done as far as I'm concerned is confirm our intention of getting him on loan next season.

I'm quite mystified as to why Lescott's name has been linked with this story, went Villa is mentioned Joleon is linked with them straightaway, he is going nowhere

Moyes has ruled out signing him today. Said he will cost too much, off back to city. Cheers for the goals Jo.

No he hasnt he merely said that we would not be paying anywhere near the money that City did and that a loan deal hadnt been discussed yet.

To be honest the dury is still out on him anyway, hes done ok at Goodison but has been diabolical away from home so although I wouldnt mind him on loan I wouldnt exactly lose any sleep if we didnt get him.

We obviously need another forward so if this doesnt come off it would force the club to look elsewhere so as long as elswhere isnt Alan Smith I think it could be a blessing in disguise

No he hasnt he merely said that we would not be paying anywhere near the money that City did and that a loan deal hadnt been discussed yet.

To be honest the dury is still out on him anyway, hes done ok at Goodison but has been diabolical away from home so although I wouldnt mind him on loan I wouldnt exactly lose any sleep if we didnt get him.

We obviously need another forward so if this doesnt come off it would force the club to look elsewhere so as long as elswhere isnt Alan Smith I think it could be a blessing in disguise

So that rules out signing him? I would think so.

Thats a little wide of the mark if you ask me. The last two away games I went to (Chelsea/ Sunderland) he did really well. Held the ball up and caused the defence alot of trouble. Saying that he has been diabolical is a little harsh on him.

Thats a little wide of the mark if you ask me. The last two away games I went to (Chelsea/ Sunderland) he did really well. Held the ball up and caused the defence alot of trouble. Saying that he has been diabolical is a little harsh on him.

OK he has shown a bit of an improvement in the last 2 away games in which he was probably worth a 6 out of 10, but in every away game before that he was deinitely diabolical

It says something about his away performances if in his 2 best away games against Chelsea he was clean through and fell over and against Sunderland he was clean through and put it wide