IGNORED

Arshavin Wants More Money

Guest efctaxi

He's a total nobhead. He's a good player but hasn't done what everyone expected him to do at Arsenal and he said last week that 'Arsenal will improve next season if they buy more players like me'

He's an arrogant prick and a player who I'm glad we didn't sign, tosser. <_<

The tax thing must get on his nerves a little losing all that money, but to be honest I don't care.

Edited by dark

I agree with Arshavin, he should have abit more money added to his contract as he signed thinking he will get that but for the government to take half is far too much, god i hate the government.

Thought you were being ironic for the first half of that Aaron....can't believe you're serious.

They won't lose 50% of their money anyway....if you take the example they've given, Ronaldo paying an extra £670,000, that's "only" an extra £13,000 a week out of his £125,000. Sure he (and the rest) will struggle on :rolleyes: .

For me it's totally justified, they're lucky it's not more. Historically in the last century the top rate was always much higher....Maggie Thatcher reduced it (from 83%) to 60% in 1979. Was only dropped to 40% in 1988.

It's a disgrace and a betrayal of their roots that the Labour Party havn't increased it sooner and by more imo :) .

Thought you were being ironic for the first half of that Aaron....can't believe you're serious.

They won't lose 50% of their money anyway....if you take the example they've given, Ronaldo paying an extra £670,000, that's "only" an extra £13,000 a week out of his £125,000. Sure he (and the rest) will struggle on :rolleyes: .

For me it's totally justified, they're lucky it's not more. Historically in the last century the top rate was always much higher....Maggie Thatcher reduced it (from 83%) to 60% in 1979. Was only dropped to 40% in 1988.

It's a disgrace and a betrayal of their roots that the Labour Party havn't increased it sooner and by more imo :) .

Mike you couldn't be more right mate.........................both Arshavin and Ronaldo will have all other income paid directly into accounts offshore, Channel Islands seem favourite and as both will claim to be none domicilaries in the UK they wont pay a bean in taxation on all that money from outside their club contracts. In cases like this 60% rate would be 'fair' IMO, I wish I could tell people that I paid tax at the top rate because I would be minted if I did. This particular topic is more my field of expertise, at least before I retired.

Aaron why do you feel sorry for them, they wouldn't give a shit for you lad, most are mercenaries :o

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I feel sorry, as if that was me and the taxman took HALF of the money i just earnt i'd feel slightly pissed off, and you'd be lying if you said you wouldnt.

Aaron are you calling me a liar, you better not be :angry::angry: , look at the taxation rules beforer postingh shit like that, look at how much he'll have to earn before he even starts paying at the top rate, its more than you will earn in the next 10 years ffs :angry:

I feel sorry, as if that was me and the taxman took HALF of the money i just earnt i'd feel slightly pissed off, and you'd be lying if you said you wouldnt.

The point is that they don't Aaron. The Mail is playing with words to get you to hate the government so you vote Tory next time (that's the whole point of its existence) :) .

They still get their tax free allowances, they still pay tax at lower rates for a portion of their income.

50% of their money being taken is just not true (even without taking Jim's "extra curricula income" into account).

In fairness to him, he expected a pay increase and is actually taking home less. I don't care how much you earn, it would piss you off if you earned less in your new job, not to mention cost of living and stuff is higher here (Doesn't affect high earners as much but still). I see no problem in him negotiating up to parity with his Russian wage.

Not disagreeing with the tax though, gotta raise funds in tough times any way possible.

The loop with offshore accounts is going to be closed soon as far as I know. So if you 'earn' money in the UK then you are subject to UK taxes. Causing a bit of a stink in Super League, because some clubs pay 'image rights' into offshore accounts and avoid the salary cap.

The loop with offshore accounts is going to be closed soon as far as I know.

They'll find others soon enough.

While Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands and the rest offer the service ways will be found of getting money there, no question.