IGNORED

Mario Gomez

Bayern pays 30 million euros for Mario Gomez from Stuttgart.

I don't get that at all, I've never been overly impressed with him although he does manage to score 20+ goals.. but if you sell Ribery for only 25 million and you already have two premier strikers like Klose and Toni, I don't see the added value of Gomez .. he was aweful at the European Championship and seems very limited with the ball in his feet.

I would rather have kept Podolski to back up Klose and Toni than vastly overpay for Gomez.

But if that is the rate at which strikers are going to go for this offseason I'm scared at what it's going to cost us if we want to add one. I would hope a player like Gomez would be the least we got.

it is alot of money and i aint justifyin the amount but he's not quite 24 yet time to develop and i know you'll say you want a finished article for that kind of money but he has a 1 in 2 goal record. he's quite big and decent in the air too i mean i've seen bigger wastes of money. they maybe had to pay that cos stuttgart didnt want to get rid. i mean veron springs to mind for that money for starters