IGNORED

Fellaini

craigb

Nah mate i rate Felliani big time and with another season under his belt he will be a player all the top clubs will be after and i have said this before on this site. As for the rumour, i'm a prison officer in another jail but my mate works in Risley were Cahills brother was a cleaner on his wing. Cahills brother went back to Australia today and thats what Tim has told him. I cant see why people slag Felliani as i have said he is young, had no time to settle and got threw into a struggling team in a new league. For his first season he was excellent.

Nah mate i rate Felliani big time and with another season under his belt he will be a player all the top clubs will be after and i have said this before on this site. As for the rumour, i'm a prison officer in another jail but my mate works in Risley were Cahills brother was a cleaner on his wing. Cahills brother went back to Australia today and thats what Tim has told him. I cant see why people slag Felliani as i have said he is young, had no time to settle and got threw into a struggling team in a new league. For his first season he was excellent.

well said mate ;)

well said mate ;)

Dito!

well said mate ;)

Dito!

No EW about lads, you're ok ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I dont watch your team too often but i dont understand what Fellaini offers. He's good in the air and get his fair share of goals but doesnt read the game properly or isnt really an 'enforcer' in midfield despite his physique or creates enough to be played behind the striker/

He was bought on the last day of last season, so i thought i'd wait a while to ask this question. Do you rate him highly? He's still a kid though isnt he. Where do you think he should be playing cos i simply dont know. Its big enough when a club with more money buys a 15-20 million pounds player but when Everton spend big money, its easy to look at a player and wonder if he's worth it as its a bigger risk for ya'll.

Mods can simply close this thread if this discussion has taken place before, btw.

Edited by xavier

I dont watch your team too often but i dont understand what Fellaini offers. He's good in the air and get his fair share of goals but doesnt read the game properly or isnt really an 'enforcer' in midfield despite his physique or creates enough to be played behind the striker/

He was bought on the last day of last season, so i thought i'd wait a while to ask this question. Do you rate him highly? He's still a kid though isnt he. Where do you think he should be playing cos i simply dont know. Its big enough when a club with more money buys a 15-20 million pounds player but when Everton spend big money, its easy to look at a player and wonder if he's worth it as its a bigger risk for ya'll.

Mods can simply close this thread if this discussion has taken place before, btw.

IF you want to factor in money I think this is the proper way to look at it:

Everton are paying for him in installments of about £4m per year. Was he worth 4m last year? Most definitely yes. This year he'll have to perform up to the standards of an £8m player etc.. until in year 4 he'll have to be worth £16m (or whatever the number is).. At least that's what I think Moyes was thinking when he bought a 20 year old.

Once again that is IF you want to look at the money side of it.

In no way is he now worth to total fee that eventually Everton will have paid for him, but that is obviously not the issue once he IS an Everton player. We should measure him by his production, effort, and every other standard that we measure Everton players by.

In my opinion : his production is good, his effort is sometimes lacking which can be very frustrating to watch, he has the potential to be a very influential player (see Wigan at home last year for example), he can compete at the highest level (I think he scored the highest total of MOTM votes against the big four last year)..

He does tend to have a couple of games per season that make you want to strangle him and if you focus on those (like some on this forum) you'll never see what his actual value is to the team.

He's 21 now, 21.

EDIT : was verifying his age on wikipedia and this sentence caught my eye : "After rejected advances from Manchester United[3] and following reported interest from Aston Villa,[4] Real Madrid, Tottenham and Bayern Munich,[5] Fellaini signed for Everton in September 2008" ... a LOT of scouts would have been wrong if this kid doesn't turn out to be a very decent premier league player in 5 years or so.

Edited by holystove