IGNORED

Football Manager 09

chris1eng

keirrison is a quality striker on it. can pay very little or can be steep, just depends.

Darijo srna turns into the best player in the world on it. Have to pay around £12m

Hamsik is one of the best CM on it. Have to pay alot for him.

Matuidi is a class DM. Pay around £10m in second season.

Obertan is a very good winger. Got him quite cheap.

Vicente in your first season on loan, he wont join on a permenant till the start of season 2, get him for around £5m.

Kameni, one of the best goalkeepers on it, get you around 15/17 cleansheets a season no danger.

keirrison is a quality striker on it. can pay very little or can be steep, just depends.

Darijo srna turns into the best player in the world on it. Have to pay around £12m

Hamsik is one of the best CM on it. Have to pay alot for him.

Matuidi is a class DM. Pay around £10m in second season.

Obertan is a very good winger. Got him quite cheap.

Vicente in your first season on loan, he wont join on a permenant till the start of season 2, get him for around £5m.

Kameni, one of the best goalkeepers on it, get you around 15/17 cleansheets a season no danger.

I actually only started playing a few weeks ago after having it lie around on my desk ever since buying it ages ago..... I thought Id give Portsmouth a go as Ive ALLWAYS just gone and picked Everton automatically.....

There is me thinking...poor old Everton wont have any money and Portsmouth have just been bought out.....:lol: loads of money I thought.....

So....during my first summer without a single signing..... due to the takeover not being completed in time & all incoming transfers suspended.......Ive had to fend off offers for all my top players.......hmmmmmmmm

Johnson went to City....Distin went to City and "Krankjaer" went to Liverpool..... & then to my joy... takeover complete and ive been given 90m to spend on players....... FUCK FUCK FUCK deadline day has only passed hasnt it..... Im sure Ill be sacked come January..... and heres me thinking Ill get to walk in Mark Hughes shoes...... Maybe come January we will have something in common :lol:

anyway...... carnt wait to get to January... some serious spending to be done.......

Ive taken Everton to two fa cup victorys, one Uefa cup victory, a super cup victory and a League victory within two seasons, coming up to a quarter of the way through my 3rd season, top of the league by a point, in the champions league knock out round and quarter final of the league cup, not entered the fa yet.

My team is:

Kameni - gk

G.Johnson - Rb

Baines - Lb (captain)

Lescott - cb

Corluka - cb

Matuidi - dm

Srna - rm

Modric - lm

Hamsik - cm

Agreuo - st

Benzema - st

bench:

Howard

Jags

Yobo

Arteta

Keirrison

Vaughan

Vicente

Currently playing a variation on Dafuge's Challenge called The Annual 'Give Youth a Chance' Failure Challenge.

In short you have to play with nothing but England down to BSN/BSS loaded with no additional nations. Then you have to holiday to the next June 25 when the new clubs are promoted up from the Ismithian leagues and pick a newly promoted team. You then have to take that team to premier and champion's league glory.

The variation is that you can't sign any players or staff and have to rely on youth players and players becoming staff :P

It's a pretty hefty challenge but it's much more fun than that mind-numbingly boring "sign this and that player and you'll win everything" kind of thing that you get normally.

Some screenshots for you :P

merthyr4.th.jpgmerthyr3.th.jpgmerthyr2.th.jpgmerthyr1.th.jpg

And my star player with 7 goals in 4 league games, one of which he missed 80 minutes of through a knock, I give you, the godly Marcus Griffiths

merthyr5.th.jpg

I'd recommend the game to anyone. It kind of shows how good a manager you really are.

Edited by Grarghsies

Update, lost on penalties in the play-off final :crying_anim02:

Another season of BSS football then :P Got some decent youth in who will provide options, and a few games into the season it's just me and Grays really challenging at the top. Hoping for automatic promotion because I don't honestly think my heart could take another play off shootout :P

Marcus Griffiths finished the season with nearly 40 goals to his name. BSS player of the season :P

Edited by Grarghsies

Waaaaay too easy :P

You can win the league with any premier league team with no signings pretty easily, it's the lower leagues that are more difficult :P

EDIT: Currently in League 2 with Merthyr, only 3 more to go :P

Edited by Grarghsies

I looked all over town for this game. both gamestations, cex and game and it was out of stock! in the end i orderd it off amazon and then last week i got an email saying the order had been canalled!

I might see if anywhere has it because i love fm.

FM10 is out in October if you can wait, looks pretty amazing too, some of the new features are brilliant.

If you cant wait for FM then just download Championship Manager 2010 which is out about a month before FM I think.

Just something to pass the time. Be worth seeing how CM is after a years break from making footie games haha :P I started a season with QPR in October, got premoted with Kevin Doyle getting something like 32 goals in 42 games and Daniel Aquino getting 22 in 42 (great player btw) but then just sacked it off... Went back to it yesterday and I'm fighting for relagation. Daniel Aqunio went to Newcastle for 12.5m after being bought the season before for only 2.5m. Kevin Doyle has went awful only got like 7 goals in 20 something games. Signed Sortis Ninis from Panathanikos hes really good only 19 aswell and Geffory Dernis for a free from St.Etthine I think. Going to go on it now and save QPR haha :P

EDIT: My keeper Remy Riou from marsille, I think is a great keeper. He scored a goal from his own area against Everton lmfao but the commentary didn't make a big deal of it.

Edited by Josh Berno

There will be probably be another competition this year giving away FM2010.

Apparently you will be able to get championship Manager 2010 for free anyway....

For some strange reason they will be letting you download the game and pay only what you want..... Not sure of the details

Here is the link.......

http://www.champmanstore.com/shop/index?lang=en_gb

Apparently you will be able to get championship Manager 2010 for free anyway....

For some strange reason they will be letting you download the game and pay only what you want..... Not sure of the details

Here is the link.......

http://www.champmanstore.com/shop/index?lang=en_gb

Champ Man have lost alot of custom to the arguably better Football Manager. They have decided to do a similar thing as Radiohead did with In Rainbows where you can choose how much you want to pay for the download, i beleive the smallest amount you can pay is around 36p. The problem the face is no fucker will pay any money for it, Radiohead have a very loyal fan base so at least some people will have paid for In Rainbows. Can't see anyone wanting to pay for a game they can get for free. Still, fairplay to them for offering it for free. I'll still be buying Football Manager though rather than getting Champ Man for free.

Champ Man have lost alot of custom to the arguably better Football Manager. They have decided to do a similar thing as Radiohead did with In Rainbows where you can choose how much you want to pay for the download, i beleive the smallest amount you can pay is around 36p. The problem the face is no fucker will pay any money for it, Radiohead have a very loyal fan base so at least some people will have paid for In Rainbows. Can't see anyone wanting to pay for a game they can get for free. Still, fairplay to them for offering it for free. I'll still be buying Football Manager though rather than getting Champ Man for free.

Yep Ive had both for the last couple of years... Dont like championship manager at all....

Reading reviews the New Champ Manager game will include new game modes that you can download and play (at cost) obviously)

You can download the current real life League positions & stats..... starting the game at different points of the season..... Could you have saved your team from the drop?

This micro purchase thing can sometimes add a little variety to the game but some games take it to far....

I hate paying for extra maps & dont even ask me to pay for a "costume"

Edited by DangerMouse

Yep Ive had both for the last couple of years... Dont like championship manager at all....

Reading reviews the New Champ Manager game will include new game modes that you can download and play (at cost) obviously)

You can download the current real life League positions & stats..... starting the game at different points of the season..... Could you have saved your team from the drop?

This micro purchase thing can sometimes add a little variety to the game but some games take it to far....

I hate paying for extra maps & dont even ask me to pay for a "costume"

Champ Man is going too FIFA like, it's sad, now FM has no proper simulation rival.

• 2 weeks later...

i bought it a few days ago!!

i started a campaign with ajax, after messing around a bit the first few days..

The amount of possibilities and factors in the game is a little overwhelming at first, i'm getting used to it bit by bit now

if anyone has any tips to share with a newbie feel free to ;)

Your backroom staff are very very important.

If you're a club contesting European competition you should have at the very minimum 4 star coaches along with Top Training Facilities.

All of your players should be a position specific training schedules (GK, FB, DC, DM, MC, AMC, Winger, ST)

Investment in quality scouts is a must. As many as your board will let you have. You should send them to other active country's youth leagues to scout for upcoming talent. I normally run most of the world and in my current game I have 24 scouts around the world atm finding me regens and youth.

Tutoring is the most powerful tool you have for raising youth. Older players with high Determination and Professionalism make the best tutors because Professionalism can make the difference between a young player improving 10 attribute points a season or 30. Investing in old players on frees can be useful if they have good mental stats and a good personality (eg. Highly/Very Determined/Professional, Model Professional, Model Citizen etc.) Be wary of things like Tenacious as that can be both a positive and negative (eg. players like Lorik Cana are tenacious)

Telling a player to learn a Player Preferred Move (PPM) is a great way to both permanently alter his game AND focus his training on particular stats. For example, although making Baxter learn Places Shots may lower his overall training load on other areas, he will most improve in Finishing and Composure.

Player Footedness plays a huge part in how the game computes attributes. Player A with a Current Ability of 150 and a Right foot of 20 and a Left foot of 1 will have much higher attributes than Player B with a CA of 150 and a 20/20 footedness. This is because footedness is very heavily weighted for all positions. It is rightly computed so for the vast majority of positions, but you will find that 1 footed Defensive Midfielders are probably better than 2 footed ones for pure defending. However on other positions you need to be wary of having players who are world class on one foot and awful on the other. Also my midfield and attack tend to play narrow with a lot of them having Runs with Ball through centre and their Run With Ball set to Often so I much prefer having 2 footed players on my wings/attacking positions.

To improve a player's footedness, train him on the appropriate side of the pitch ie. Train an RM to play LM and you will slowly improve his left foot.

Because of all of the above my training regime for my youth is as follows:

Age 15/16 until 17th birthday (pro contract day): Physical + Key stat focused training schedule, tutoring with professional veterans and position training in useful positions (eg. RM retraining to LM or RW, MC learning DM or AM, RB learning CB or LB etc.) U-18 football.

Age 17-18: Position focused training schedule like the rest of the pros, continue any possible tutoring, finish off position training but do not start another, learn key PPMs (Striker = Places Shots/Moves into Channels/Run through centre etc.) U-18 football AND reserve football

Age 18-19: Continue PPM training, reserve football with first team bench appearances, loan to feeder club (ONLY WITHIN LOADED LEAGUES, OTHERWISE VERY LITTLE BENEFIT)

Age 19-21: At this point the player is either near ready to be a first team squad player or you're looking to loan him out as much as possible to try and get some interest in someone signing him.

A note on feeder clubs. You want the player to be guaranteed first team football. A player gains bonus to training from both playing time AND performance, so make sure they are both capable for the league AND the team they are playing for isn't going to lose every game. Also, training facilities are important so consider them too. Also performances and playing time is weighted toward league reputation and opponent reputation so you want to balance the chance of them inning against them playing quality opposition. I tend to feel a top League 1 side is better than a low Championship side.

If you need anymore advice, give me a holler.

Edited by Grarghsies