IGNORED

Man U In The Poo?

• 2 weeks later...

He won't go anywhere. None of the clubs that are rich enough to afford him and good enough for him to be interested would pay that kind of money for someone who, for all the British press's hero worship, isn't actually that good. Better off spending the cash on a Torres, Villa or Drogba.

is that blue tinited glasses???

Rooney is a world class player, not many better than him in the world and he has got better every year.

I think he is a bit under-rated when you consider the fact that he forged an inside-left position for himself in one of the most successful teams of recent years and now that he is playing more centrally he is scoring goals. However, even Ferguson admits that he needs to be more consistent since his scoring is still very hot and cold much like Michael Owen. With this in mind I'm not sure if he deserves the label of world class yet.

is that blue tinited glasses???

Rooney is a world class player, not many better than him in the world and he has got better every year.

Yeah, I'll accept that I may be putting him down a little for the obvious reasons... however, I think one of the problems that England has with football as a whole is putting the individual above the team, and Rooneys a fine example of this - he's too selfish for his own good, and this was evident even last night. I feel he is likely to do a repeat of the Portugal game at any point, or find himself banned for a big game after picking up needless yellows. We should be asking why Germany and Italy have been so succesful compared to us and the Dutch over the years, when we've both had arguably better squads - yet very little success as a team.