IGNORED

Baines Vs Neill?

I have seen every one of our games this season. And i have played a lot of football. Baines is wasting these corners and set pieces. 2 good balls out of 10 isn't up to premiership level.

I know these guys are English and all. But we have to look outside the box. When Nuno was here he didn't get any time at all when recovered from injuries. And Neill is a lot higher quality than Baines. We need him on the park. Can't wait to see it.

Did you watch any games at all last season though as it seems you must not have due to your comments?

Baines may not have been playing at his best of late but neither has anyone else really with a makeshift team that is changing constantly due to injuries its no suprise at times, I don't want to slate Neill as he has not been given a chance to show his worth yet but to say he is alot higher quality then Baines is lunacy to be honest.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I have seen every one of our games this season. And i have played a lot of football. Baines is wasting these corners and set pieces. 2 good balls out of 10 isn't up to premiership level.

I know these guys are English and all. But we have to look outside the box. When Nuno was here he didn't get any time at all when recovered from injuries. And Neill is a lot higher quality than Baines. We need him on the park. Can't wait to see it.

What position do you play, I bet your an attacking left sided goalkeeper?

First of all, this topic shouldn't have even been started. Even the threadmaker admits this.

It's stupid to consider putting Neill at LB as his best position is, by far and a way, at CB, followed by RB. And it's simply ludicrous to even consider replacing Baines at LB with Neill - but all that has been said before ITT.

But really, we're not THAT bad off for people who can fill the LB position:

- Baines

- Billy (people seem to be forgetting he has played pretty well there for Russia before)

- Neville

- Distin

But I worry Distin hasn't the pace nor stamina to play at LB - which would mean Pienaar/Billy wouldn't get any support or overlapping runs.

Edited by Jesse_Wray