IGNORED

International Discussion: Everton Vs Sporting Cp

FairWooney

Hey guys, yeah I'm the Benfica fan. Anyway in my humble opinion your draw wasnt that bad, if there was a good time to face Sporting that time is now, we will see how they will be in February however, cause there is still some new players to hire, even though they shouldnt sign any expensive player because they dont have much money to buy new players.

They had one of the easiest groups, so thats why they finished 1st.

Their new coach isnt one with much european experience aswell.

So in a normal day Everton will move forward to the next round, however do not make the mistake of underrate Sporting, they can still beat you, at this level there is always a greater motivation, so you need to be carefull with players like Moutinho, Vukcevic, Izmailov and Liedson...

To be honest I couldnt care less about the result of this game, so I just want to wish that may the best team win, and good luck to you guys. Hope you guys enjoyed Lisbon the first time and come back for more, we will be here to properly welcome the Everton fans once more.

Heitinga can't be registered (if I'm reading the regulations correctly). If Atletico were still in the Champs league we'd have been OK but because they've dropped into the Europa we're stuffed.

18.07 Excluding the UEFA Super Cup, and subject to paragraph 18.18 below, a

player may not play UEFA club competition matches for more than one

competing club in the course of the same season. A substitute player who is

not fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the same season’s

UEFA club competitions, provided that he is registered with the UEFA

administration in accordance with the present regulations.

18.17 For all matches from the start of the round of 32, a club may register a

maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the

current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February

2010 at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

18.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club

competition matches for another competing club in the current season may

exceptionally be registered provided that the player has not been fielded:

in the same competition for another club,

for another club that is currently in the same competition.

Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Europa League,

his former club must not have played in the UEFA Europa League at any

point in the current season.

The offending Champs League game...

The rule states that he must not have played in the same competition for another club, he hasnt therefore is eligible.

hope im right and you are wrong :P

COYB

The rule states that he must not have played in the same competition for another club, he hasnt therefore is eligible.

hope im right and you are wrong :P

COYB

Or for another club that is now in the same competition....which he has.

You can hope all you like, won't do us any good sadly :( .

Or for another club that is now in the same competition....which he has.

You can hope all you like, won't do us any good sadly :( .

point in the current season

Aas i read it when you register the player, the club must not have already played in the same competition, which they havent. Im not a lawyer , but sure im right

Cheers mate

point in the current season

Aas i read it when you register the player, the club must not have already played in the same competition, which they havent. Im not a lawyer , but sure im right

Cheers mate

Unfortunately your wrong because Johhny H is inelligable for Europa League according to the Echo

"Moyes will also be able to register Aussie centre-half Lucas Neill to play in the last 32 stage, but cannot register Dutch signing John Heitinga because his former club Athletico Madrid are also in the competition"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/12/19/david-moyes-backs-landon-donovan-to-fire-everton-s-europa-league-dream-100252-25425553/

Unfortunately your wrong because Johhny H is inelligable for Europa League according to the Echo

"Moyes will also be able to register Aussie centre-half Lucas Neill to play in the last 32 stage, but cannot register Dutch signing John Heitinga because his former club Athletico Madrid are also in the competition"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/12/19/david-moyes-backs-landon-donovan-to-fire-everton-s-europa-league-dream-100252-25425553/

ooh feck . proved wrong again! are you my wife :) rule books and redtape can be so misleading.

On the same note the wife proposed a holiday today for my fourtieth bday.(28th feb) 'How about the brothers villa in spain she said'. I said ive always wanted to go to lisbon, portugal. She spent a while googing around and decided that it would be a nice city break. And proceeded to find us agood deal for a week in lisbon. As she clicked to confirm the trip , i looseley commented that even if we could not get tickets for the match, we will still have a great time.

1-0 to me Get In! :)

ooh feck . proved wrong again! are you my wife :) rule books and redtape can be so misleading.

On the same note the wife proposed a holiday today for my fourtieth bday.(28th feb) 'How about the brothers villa in spain she said'. I said ive always wanted to go to lisbon, portugal. She spent a while googing around and decided that it would be a nice city break. And proceeded to find us agood deal for a week in lisbon. As she clicked to confirm the trip , i looseley commented that even if we could not get tickets for the match, we will still have a great time.

Ha ha nice one thats as bad(lol or as good depending on how you look at it) as when I took my missus on a late Valentines Day trip to Florence in March 2008 then tried to make out that I was pleasantly surprised to see that Everton just happened to have a game there the same week we were there!

Haha i like your style congratulations mate

If Atletico bow out in the first round then heitinga will not have played in the same competition with another club and will not have played for another team currently in the competition. Or will it be too late to register players?

Nice loophole attempt.

Sadly the answer is yes.....it will be to late.