• Osman
    • Fellaini
    • Pienaar
    • Cahill
    • Yakubu
    • Neville
    • Vaughan

No he never Arteta had 7 assists to Piennars 9

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/squad?teamId=368&season=2007&cat=starts&cc=5739&leagueId=0

Anyway as I said in my last post I dont read too much into the stats because even if Piennar doesnt play the final ball he is invariably involved heavily somwhere in the move anyway

I am not having a pop but do you ever go to the game?

Thats not having a go I just find it hard to beleive that anybody can watch Everton and not appreciate what Piennar brings to the side

If you seriously think all he does is " just run around" then you really havent got a clue about football

Piennar has performed consistently well for 3 seasons Felli has done it for 3 or 4 games

assists wise sorry i was only considering league, which id rather do anyway.

the going to the game thing...never understood that, you see so much more on tele...but yeh i do, i'm in leeds but most of my mates are season ticket holders in the top balcony so i quite often get a ticket to go, and thats aside from the time when i actually come back for a few games.

frustrating, i've never questioned what pienaar does or have i said he just runs around, that was a response to your logic NOT a point of my own. i don't need to prove my case but i know that i know an awful lot about football and have watched numerous leagues for many years. nicely done on the high horse, aggressive you must know nothing about football, sorry martin tyler.

and your last point is completely irrelevant to the point in question, that i raised. id question whether hes really been consistent over 3 years, and i dont think he has, but it doesn't matter. you mentioned that you believed our recent 'good' form to coincide with pienaars return, to which i replied that i think it's more to do with fellaini running things in the centre...you've acknowledged his (fellis) good form over the last handful of games and only added support to my theory...i stand by it

assists wise sorry i was only considering league, which id rather do anyway.

the going to the game thing...never understood that, you see so much more on tele...but yeh i do, i'm in leeds but most of my mates are season ticket holders in the top balcony so i quite often get a ticket to go, and thats aside from the time when i actually come back for a few games.

frustrating, i've never questioned what pienaar does or have i said he just runs around, that was a response to your logic NOT a point of my own. i don't need to prove my case but i know that i know an awful lot about football and have watched numerous leagues for many years. nicely done on the high horse, aggressive you must know nothing about football, sorry martin tyler.

and your last point is completely irrelevant to the point in question, that i raised. id question whether hes really been consistent over 3 years, and i dont think he has, but it doesn't matter. you mentioned that you believed our recent 'good' form to coincide with pienaars return, to which i replied that i think it's more to do with fellaini running things in the centre...you've acknowledged his (fellis) good form over the last handful of games and only added support to my theory...i stand by it

I wasnt getting on my high horse and as I said I wasnt trying to have a pop I was just trying to understand the logic behind your comments

How you can say my last point is irrelevant I dont know because I was under the impression we were debating Piennars value to the side, in which case his concitencey over the past 3 seasons is very relevant

You say that you have never questioned what Piennar does or said that he just runs around, well.....

"pienaar votes stun me, he was poor...again"

"he was absolutely awful"

" he's overrated. "

"he's been incapable"

"yesterday was the first time he's contributed either a goal or assist since the opening day of the season and yet people are still bummin him and desperate to tie him down and stuff...he's not earned a new deal at this point in my book."

"pienars still not as good as people say he is. if were considering running around to be effective lets bring back aj."

.... Im sure you can see where I got that impression!

I dont see how me acknowledgeing Felli has played well the past few games supports your theory it has never been about who is the better player between Felli and Piennar its about Piennar pure and simple

Felli has been superb in the last few games but in the 10 games or so that Piennar was missing we were hoofing the ball up the park and completely bypassing the midfield, Felli's form was as poor as anybodys during this spell, then Piennar returns and suddenly we start playing football again. IMO this is because Piennar buzzes all over the pitch always making himself available for the simple ball, he is the man who knits it all together

Felli has only come into form since Piennar has been back in the side

You say you know a lot about football yet you cant see that

I go and watch Everton home and away and I have only ever come accross three people who dont rate Piennar and they are all from this site, you, Milky and PeteO, so he must be doing something right

I also totally disagree with you about being able to see so much more watching football on the telly but thats another argument!

Felli has been superb in the last few games but in the 10 games or so that Piennar was missing we were hoofing the ball up the park and completely bypassing the midfield, Felli's form was as poor as anybodys during this spell, then Piennar returns and suddenly we start playing football again. IMO this is because Piennar buzzes all over the pitch always making himself available for the simple ball, he is the man who knits it all together

this.

I wasnt getting on my high horse and as I said I wasnt trying to have a pop I was just trying to understand the logic behind your comments

How you can say my last point is irrelevant I dont know because I was under the impression we were debating Piennars value to the side, in which case his concitencey over the past 3 seasons is very relevant

You say that you have never questioned what Piennar does or said that he just runs around, well.....

" he's overrated. "

"he's been incapable"

"yesterday was the first time he's contributed either a goal or assist since the opening day of the season and yet people are still bummin him and desperate to tie him down and stuff...he's not earned a new deal at this point in my book."

"pienars still not as good as people say he is. if were considering running around to be effective lets bring back aj."

I dont see how me acknowledgeing Felli has played well the past few games supports your theory it has never been about who is the better player between Felli and Piennar its about Piennar pure and simple

I go and watch Everton home and away and I have only ever come accross three people who dont rate Piennar and they are all from this site, you, Milky and PeteO, so he must be doing something right

I also totally disagree with you about being able to see so much more watching football on the telly but thats another argument!

I am becoming more of a fan of Pienaar the more I see him. I do think he's made a difference since he's returned but CraccerC does have a point about the votes Pienaar sometimes gets. For me he was man of the match v Burnley but I have seen him get MOTM on here in other games when he has just done a lot of running and looked busy but contributed little else. So youre both wrong (or right as the case may be).

Felli and the Pieman both deserve great credit for their performances against Burnley but my vote goes to Heitinga's control of the middle was for me the performance of the day. He was cool in everything he did, his vision for creating from the back is superior to anyother player we have available at present, including Joey Yobo and I feel he will only improve from here on out. Felli was nearest to him with the Pieman third (Steven P lost the ball too many times and his choice of pass could have been better but no one on the face of this earth could say he wasn't an all commited EFC player...........never stops running, never stops trying and provides excellent cover when the full back goes forward

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I absolutely stunned that people can be criticising Pienaar! He has been the best player in our team for the last two years, especially at the end of last season. I wouldnt say the game against Burnley was his best by any means but he still worked his nuts off, helped Baines defensively, made plenty of runs to create space for others and he helps us get the ball down and play football. He may not have the finishing ability that some do BUT he does some much more than your average winger would do that it compensates this void.

Also another thing about the stats, dont forget that Arteta takes most of the free kicks and corners when he is in the team so his stats should be better and seeing that Pienaar is at least there or thereabouts says quite a bit about his impact on the team.

I absolutely stunned that people can be criticising Pienaar! He has been the best player in our team for the last two years, especially at the end of last season. I wouldnt say the game against Burnley was his best by any means but he still worked his nuts off, helped Baines defensively, made plenty of runs to create space for others and he helps us get the ball down and play football. He may not have the finishing ability that some do BUT he does some much more than your average winger would do that it compensates this void.

Also another thing about the stats, dont forget that Arteta takes most of the free kicks and corners when he is in the team so his stats should be better and seeing that Pienaar is at least there or thereabouts says quite a bit about his impact on the team.

I agree.

If we signed Messi Im sure some Evertonians would complain and find fault with him!

Hold on mate, I think you are being a tad hypersensitive here, I rated the Pieman on his display against Burnley, full stop, which in my opinion was fair and accurate. The vote was for MOM not player of the season :rolleyes:

Hold on mate, I think you are being a tad hypersensitive here, I rated the Pieman on his display against Burnley, full stop, which in my opinion was fair and accurate. The vote was for MOM not player of the season :rolleyes:

lol I dont think he was referring to your post I think he probably meant CraccerC saying he doesnt deserve a new contract

lol I dont think he was referring to your post I think he probably meant CraccerC saying he doesnt deserve a new contract

Yeh what he said! lol

" he's overrated. "

"he's been incapable"

i do see why you got that impression but what i meant by saying i appreciate what he does was that i appreciate the effort that he puts in and the affect he has on the side by being in it. i do standby the comments though, as much as i'h happy to see him put a shift in the end product hasn't been there and that's what he needs to be doing if we're going to be scoring goals. is that down to him or the other 9 outfield players? bit of both but his use of the ball has been poor this season IMO. i do think he's overrated but the comment about him being awful and incapable was solely intended as a reflection of this individual game. i do think he could contribute more though in general.

and i really don't think the overrated shout is too unfair, as maghull supported me on...to an extent. he's one of our better players, albeit because the rest of them can't keep the ball, but he doesn't actually provide the results that warrants some of the bumming he gets. in this game he scored a very good goal, but how often did he lose or waste a good chance to put in a decent ball or get a shot in? often! there's one that stands out particularly when we broke away and he sliced a cross over the bar from just outside the area, left of central...absolutely atrocious waste of possession and he did that on more than one occasion.

to jimmy: didn't mean to cause offense... everyone is entitled to their opinion, i was just trying to address mine and may have got a bit heated i nthe process. i just meant to question why he gets so many votes with only one moment of class versus about 70+ of wastefulness when other players like heitinga and fellaini put in a solid consistent performance for a majority of the match.

apologies all round.