IGNORED

Joe Lewis

http://www.peterboro...keep.5955908.jp

Peterborough United man-of-the-moment Joe Lewis has admitted he would find it hard to turn down a move to a Premier League club. The Posh keeper earned rave reviews for a brilliant display in a 4-0 FA Cup defeat at Spurs on Saturday leading to speculation that top-flight clubs might make a move for him during the January transfer window.

Spurs and Everton are understood to be monitoring Lewis' progress. The Londoners are short of cover for first-choice keeper Heurelho Gomes.

Lewis said: "When you are playing well it's nice to know that the people watching are recognising that.

"I've just got to keep playing well and whatever happens will happen. Every footballer wants to play in the Premier League - it's the place to be - and I'm no different.

"If a Premier League club came in, it would be a difficult one to turn down but, on the other hand, you want to be playing week in, week out. It would be a decision I'd have to make if it came along."

If Lewis did join Spurs he would initially play few competitive matches as the top-flight club do not operate a reserve team.

Posh boss Mark Cooper said: "Joe certainly didn't do himself any harm on Saturday, but I've heard nothing about the possibility of him leaving."

Posh paid a club record £400,000 to Norwich for Lewis in January, 2007.

Under the terms of the transfer, successive promotions have pushed the total outlay to £600,000.

This fella is not a bad keeper in the lower leagues and has played for the National side, but so has Turner and Ruddy, Lewis is no better than those, Why are we so obsessed with young keepers when none of them ever make it till they are 30 years old or something, Joe Hart is probably the best young keeper around at the mo, and he is out on loan. :blink: its daft.

This fella is not a bad keeper in the lower leagues and has played for the National side, but so has Turner and Ruddy, Lewis is no better than those, Why are we so obsessed with young keepers when none of them ever make it till they are 30 years old or something, Joe Hart is probably the best young keeper around at the mo, and he is out on loan. :blink: its daft.

Well he wouldn't get his game ahead of Given so he needs gametime to progress, hence the loan?

Yes i know that Ian, but in the meantime city go out and buy another keeper, Its Daft.

Like us loaning out Turner and Ruddy then looking for another goalie. Its even dafter. :blink:

Unfortunately Bill Nash, Ruddy and Turner are not good enough mate so Lewis will do for me as he could push Tim in the long term, the others no chance

Unfortunately Bill Nash, Ruddy and Turner are not good enough mate so Lewis will do for me as he could push Tim in the long term, the others no chance

They are all good enough to sit on the Bench Jimmy and Lewis is no better, believe me.

You could count on one hand the amount of appearances all three have made between them, we dont need another goalie just to sit on the bench. ;)