IGNORED

Un-inspiring Everton? - No

I hate Neville because he is an embarrassment to the club

Never once said i hate Ossie, i said he is a saleable assest who IF was sold would not damage the 1st team too much, can you deny that?

Never mentioned loads of Capts lad, what the hell does that prove?

As for the rest your talking out where the sun dont shine, i mentioned it was a quiet forum because people were actually posting and as a new member i have noticed it isnt the busiest forum in the world then a admin decides to call time on it for no other reason than he doesnt like it.

Been to more Everton games than you have had hot dinners lad, so run away and hide behind mommy

Neville is plenty of things!....but an embarrassment to the club!.. :blink:

Been to lots of Everton games!....big deal, you obviously didn't learn anything.

So many games infact, oh except the ones Where Ratcliffe was captain :lol:

Guess your on here because red forums are pretty sad places at the moment.....run back to rafa :gay:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! So many holes in this post, where to start.

1) A great leader - You really need to define this and also look up the word leader as you dont seem to understand it. As for only head cases not knowing this, then there must be plenty of Everton head cases about then! People who are NOT taken in by the tedious daily media soundbites coming out of his boring monotonous voice.

2) Giving 100% - I challenge you to find any in our squad who dont give there all to the cause, with that being the case, highlighting this for 2 particular players doesnt hold any sway.

3) Pienaar - So your agreeing with me? As for Neville being the 2nd manager, behave yourself. You cant prove this b/s and thats exactly what it is...bull! Its just another ludricous arguement from a Neville sympthasiser, do we not need Round anymore? Has Super Nev with no coaching experience taken his role over? Are you on something?

4) Pips Tackling - Can we please stop talking about 1 tackle, after the whistle was blown by the way. You watch any game you choose and he backs off and backs off and lets the player get a cross in. His tackling and his defending are easily the worst element.

5) Useless waste of space - I will stand by that, he offers nothing to the side as a footballer (something which can actually be seen as opposed to the fictional leadership you like to offer). As a defender, Hibbo is a much better tackler rarely gets beaten and going forward young Coleman has the legs and energy on Neville. So take your pick of Coleman or Hibbo, its not Neville!

6) Opinions - I have backed everything up with FACTS, you have simply spouted the same rubbish Neville lovers have been talking about since he joined, change the record!

right.... cant believe im giving you the time but its only 10 mins to go for lunch.

1. "Lead·er –noun

- a person or thing that leads.

- a guiding or directing head "

This is how i understand it, this is what Pip is best at. Go argue with the people who wrote the dictionary.

2. ok... Yak (even before his injury). Wow, that was hard. Even Billy looks a little disinterested, but its only his 1st season so im waiting to see how he does next year. Oh, and think you will find i added at the end of the sentence "as do most of the squad". Highlighted these 2 in particular as theyre subjects in this topic. Next....

3. Yes i agree, it was Pienaar we missed not Pip on the pitch. Neville was still there shouting his head off on the edge of the technical area. Or maybe the TV people superimposed him there for fun. For someone who has been to more games than someone else has had hot dinners, thought you mightve spotted that.... Didnt mention Round, why are you? Irrelevent contribution

4. Oh no! evidence against your arguement! Heaven forbid! I think you and everyone else agree: not the best player, he has flaws. Who is better in that position that we have? Coleman? yes deserves a chance, but give him a preseason and we will see next year. We need a proven player who has played EPL and European for the final haul. Hibbert is injured. Waiting for your crazy comment saying youd rather have an injured Hibbo than Neville....

5. Stand by it then. In my opinion, and many others, youre wrong. I am trying to back my arguements up with actual fact. Your opinions are backed up with... your opinions! not actual fact. try again.

6. where? give me 1 fact. Just an example of you talking nonsense, you started quoting past captains and when it was pointed out that Radcliffe was missed out you said you hadnt started mentioning captains:

YOU:

Dont remember Waggy ever hitting a 30yder, yet i would take him in a heart beat. Majority of our Capts have been defenders, Waggy, Goughy, Weir, Labone.

What!.....How the hell could you leave out our most successful captain, and yes another defender....Ratcliffe!

YOU:

Never mentioned loads of Capts lad, what the hell does that prove?

care to explain the sudden amnesia or are you talking out your backside?

Wouldve thought it was obvoious reading back through what i wrote, im not a Neville lover (even agreed with you on some points) but ive come to accept he is an important part of the squad and club. an embaressement to the club? wow. im not wasting anymore time on you. You label me a Neville lover without reason and ignoring what im saying, fine. You are a Neville hater (dont make me quote you again) and wont take heed of any evidence or arguement so there is no point in carrying on....

If I'm honest i'vealways thought Pip is an aberration at centre mid, his touch and distribution of the ball along the deck is poor by premier league standards, he lacks vision, pace and skill. That said, i think he's a pretty decent defender, I mean for christ's sake, he played 263 times for ferguson at Utd and has been capped 59 times for England, mainly playing a full-back - you just do not have that kind of career if you're a 'waste of space', his tackling, tenacity, commitment and reading of the game are his great strengths. He can also occasionally ping in a deadly cross from out wide, much better than Hibbo ever manages anyway. And although i used to dread seeing him being named as the DM in our side, I did gradually come round to realising that, in a young side with few obvious leaders, he has played an absolutely pivotal role in our development over the past couple of years, because he is a natural leader, he does inspire confidence in those around us, he has experience playing at the highest level, and he's got that competitive edge to his personality you need as a captain.

That said, I think it's time to say thank you and let him take more of a back seat role now - he's 33, we need to improve again next season if we're going to make a serious assault on the top four and I think we need someone at RB who can offer more going forward. I'm hoping Coleman will push on and stake a claim for next season, but more importantly, I think we now have a ready-made replacement captain in Jags. I think Pip should still be club captain, i think he can do a job as a squad player, and I would love to see him do his coaching badges working for us because he is someone Moyes clearly trusts and likes working with. But i agree, I don't think he should be in a first choice XI next season.

If I'm honest i'vealways thought Pip is an aberration at centre mid, his touch and distribution of the ball along the deck is poor by premier league standards, he lacks vision, pace and skill. That said, i think he's a pretty decent defender, I mean for christ's sake, he played 263 times for ferguson at Utd and has been capped 59 times for England, mainly playing a full-back - you just do not have that kind of career if you're a 'waste of space', his tackling, tenacity, commitment and reading of the game are his great strengths. He can also occasionally ping in a deadly cross from out wide, much better than Hibbo ever manages anyway. And although i used to dread seeing him being named as the DM in our side, I did gradually come round to realising that, in a young side with few obvious leaders, he has played an absolutely pivotal role in our development over the past couple of years, because he is a natural leader, he does inspire confidence in those around us, he has experience playing at the highest level, and he's got that competitive edge to his personality you need as a captain.

That said, I think it's time to say thank you and let him take more of a back seat role now - he's 33, we need to improve again next season if we're going to make a serious assault on the top four and I think we need someone at RB who can offer more going forward. I'm hoping Coleman will push on and stake a claim for next season, but more importantly, I think we now have a ready-made replacement captain in Jags. I think Pip should still be club captain, i think he can do a job as a squad player, and I would love to see him do his coaching badges working for us because he is someone Moyes clearly trusts and likes working with. But i agree, I don't think he should be in a first choice XI next season.

Perfick!

nail on the head. good man...