IGNORED

Has There Been A Change In The Transfer Negotiators?

not that i'm complaining, but our transfer activity this summer so far has been astonishing compared to the last few. three (almost 4 if you count gueye) completed transfers before the end of june?? and they're not just ones for the future, they seem like ones that will be playing for the first team at some point in the upcoming season. if someone had told me that before the window opened i would have told them they were mad. the only transfers of players that went straight into the first team that i can remember over the past few summers and were completed before august are jagielka and pienaar. its definitely a much better position to be in, but it does make me wonder if something has been changed behind the scenes.

Edited by American Evertonian

not that i'm complaining, but our transfer activity this summer so far has been astonishing compared to the last few. three (almost 4 if you count gueye) completed transfers before the end of june?? and they're not just ones for the future, they seem like ones that will be playing for the first team at some point in the upcoming season. if someone had told me that before the window opened i would have told them they were mad. the only transfers of players that went straight into the first team that i can remember over the past few summers and were completed before august are jagielka and pienaar. its definitely a much better position to be in, but it does make me wonder if something has been changed behind the scenes.

To be honest I cant see any of the lads we have signed so far getting anywhere near the starting XI this season so nothing has really changed

I think DM's getting his squad together as early as possible so we have a good pre-season & carry on where we left off last season.

Only problem with that is I think all our business will be done soon & we wont get the "marquee" signing we crave without losing Mik/Nuts or both.

To be honest I cant see any of the lads we have signed so far getting anywhere near the starting XI this season so nothing has really changed

depending on injuries and the opposition beckford might get a go, i certainly think he'll make a few sub appearances at the very least. gueye (should all go smoothly) could play a part too if pienaar leaves/moves position.

i agree though, none starting 11, but theyll be in the squad at least, which is a start.

I think DM's getting his squad together as early as possible so we have a good pre-season & carry on where we left off last season.

Only problem with that is I think all our business will be done soon & we wont get the "marquee" signing we crave without losing Mik/Nuts or both.

Guess the obvious response is, IF none of the first-choice 15 or 16 leave, do we need a marquee signing? A world class striker perhaps, but we all know we haven't got the cash for one of those. The injury armageddon that hit us last season showed we need strength in depth, when we has a mostly fit squad we proved we could beat anyone, there's a hell of a lot of top-class talent there already.