IGNORED

25 Man Squad

c1982

Based on MikeO's quote in another thread... Your roster can be 25 players with an unlimited number of players under the age of twenty one (as of Dec 31st of this year). 8 of the 25 players have to be home-grown, which is they have had to play 3 years with an English or Welsh club between the ages of 16 and 21.

1.Howard

2.Muncha

3.Turner

4.Hibbert

5.Coleman

6.Neville

7.Baines

8.Jagielka

9.Distin

10.Yobo

(Duffy)

11.Heitinga

(Rodwell)

12.Arteta

13.Osman

14.Fellaini

15.Cahill

16.Bily

17.Pienaar

18.Saha

19.Beckford

20.Yak

(Gueye)

21.Anichebe

22.Vaughan

(Jukebox)

There's still space for more players here... we'll see!

See your point with the youngsters but I think Rodwell and Gueye will be counted in the main squad whatever. Can't see us signing anyone else unless we sell so think we'll go with what we've got, and would imagine Baxter will get a squad number again too

See your point with the youngsters but I think Rodwell and Gueye will be counted in the main squad whatever. Can't see us signing anyone else unless we sell so think we'll go with what we've got, and would imagine Baxter will get a squad number again too

Rodwell and Gueye don't count as they are under 21, of course they will be in the main squad - however they don't count in the 25 you're allowed.

"Your roster can be 25" .... doesnt necessarily have to be, 18 or 24 would be within the boundaries.

As long as it meets all the criteria of home grown and under age its up to the clubs what squad, and how many to put forward.

I know, the point is that there is space for new signings still without necessarily selling (although I think 2 of the above will be gone come sept 1st). Teams like Liverpool/City will have to get rid of players to make their 25.

Given some teams will be forced to sell I'd love us to dump Yobo and get Onuhua, back up for left back, and maybe sell Yakubu and get Sessegnon....change all that around and we would be a force next season....one can dream

The only way I would be happy with letting the Yak go would be if we brought in a proven forward as a replacement

The only way I would be happy with letting the Yak go would be if we brought in a proven forward as a replacement

Why? We have strikers, too many in fact, most people on here are of the impression Anichebe needs this season to shine, we have Beckford and Saha, who with decent service should get goals, we have a decent goalscoring midfield if we add in Sessegnon or Donovan, and IMHO I think Yakubu is over the hill, won't start many games, and the games he does start, he won't score much, if anything. Yak on his day is a very dangerous striker, but Yak Day hasn't been around in so long I've sold the banners and Vuvuzelas with his face on....

I don't think scoring will be a problem this season at all, we have the talent to do it, I think keeping the lead and not conceeding liek we did so much last season is the main thing to concentrate on, which will be boosted by having a decent right-midfielder who can track back and not a fat lump who will stay up top, lightly jogging and looking absolutely exhausted most of the match....

Why? We have strikers, too many in fact, most people on here are of the impression Anichebe needs this season to shine, we have Beckford and Saha, who with decent service should get goals, we have a decent goalscoring midfield if we add in Sessegnon or Donovan, and IMHO I think Yakubu is over the hill, won't start many games, and the games he does start, he won't score much, if anything. Yak on his day is a very dangerous striker, but Yak Day hasn't been around in so long I've sold the banners and Vuvuzelas with his face on....

I don't think scoring will be a problem this season at all, we have the talent to do it, I think keeping the lead and not conceeding liek we did so much last season is the main thing to concentrate on, which will be boosted by having a decent right-midfielder who can track back and not a fat lump who will stay up top, lightly jogging and looking absolutely exhausted most of the match....

Sadly I think what you're saying here might be true - maybe Yak has had his day.

Guest rusty747

And here's another view point.

I have never felt so moist between the legs with expectation at the start of a season since 1984-85 and I somewhat rashly predicted we would win the league in '85 in May 1984. This season, the moistness is back.

Moyes my son. Kick ass!