IGNORED

Owens Injury

IMO i think it could be the end of his career, if he comes back he wont be the same player and i can see him never playing for England again. I hope he proves me wrong though

32346[/snapback]

:( pity hes a quality finisher, hope he recovers :)

IMO i think it could be the end of his career, if he comes back he wont be the same player and i can see him never playing for England again. I hope he proves me wrong though

32346[/snapback]

I agree but Owen said he hopes to come back even better than he was, and Glen said Owen is confident he will paly again :o

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has promised they will consider compensation for Michael Owen following the England striker's injury that will keep him out until 2007.

The Newcastle player ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament against Sweden and club chairman Freddy Shepherd has said he is not happy with the level of compensation being offered by the Football Association. FIFA have set up a special fund for this World Cup to deal with claims for serious injuries, and Owen's case will be decided on at the end of the tournament.

Blatter said: "We have a special insurance fund of £6million for cases of this kind. The English FA will now have to look at this matter because they made Owen available to play and this will then be put to FIFA. This case will be decided at the end of the tournament but this fund does exist for this kind of serious injury."

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has promised they will consider compensation for Michael Owen following the England striker's injury that will keep him out until 2007.

The Newcastle player ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament against Sweden and club chairman Freddy Shepherd has said he is not happy with the level of compensation being offered by the Football Association. FIFA have set up a special fund for this World Cup to deal with claims for serious injuries, and Owen's case will be decided on at the end of the tournament.

Blatter said: "We have a special insurance fund of £6million for cases of this kind. The English FA will now have to look at this matter because they made Owen available to play and this will then be put to FIFA. This case will be decided at the end of the tournament but this fund does exist for this kind of serious injury."

32781[/snapback]

Surely that has to be a load of big cows arse, compo to him, kiss my arse. ASDA paid him enough to juggle a f*cking watermelon he can live on that. Whereas if they mean to his club, f*ck them as well... they nicked Emre off us (thank f*ck) and Scott Parker.

I don't like the boy, never have, and feel he should have stayed at home and nursed his poorly foot. To consider giving any money to him or club is distasteful in the extreme. This is football and clubs pay enough in insurance premiums so balls to him, balls to the Barcodes, balls to his golf handicap.

Phew, that's better.

ATB

Mac

England and Newcastle striker Michael Owen will visit famed knee surgeon Dr Richard Steadman in a bid to treat his cruciate ligament injury. Hopefully this guy can save owen like he did to Bellemey and Alan Shearer

Edited by Adams

England and Newcastle striker Michael Owen will visit famed knee surgeon Dr Richard Steadman in a bid to treat his cruciate ligament injury. Hopefully this guy can save owen like he did to Bellemey and Alan Shearer

32994[/snapback]

:D hes the man to see, thimk he will come back but iff hes the same player only time will tell ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have ruptured the ligaments on both sides of my ankle 10 days ago (which explains why I am always on here!!!.

My injury was, and still is agony when I move, but to damage the ligaments in your knee is said to be worse, and much more difficult to operate and get good physiotherapy for.

Not a nice injury, if there is such a thing!

Yeah knee is much worse done both and the knee is a nightmare, mine still isnt right, it pops out every now and then when im playing footy

36784[/snapback]

you think you have knee trouble? poor young me :P has a bone sticking out the side of me leg were me knee is and theres nowt the hosipital can do about it, now and again i cant walk coz of it but other times its fine, its were the fibular head is nd is fcukin sick

Edited by Everton Lad

you think you have knee trouble? poor young me :P has a bone sticking out the side of me leg were me knee is and theres nowt the hosipital can do about it, now and again i cant walk coz of it but other times its fine, its were the fibular head is nd is fcukin sick

36839[/snapback]

Thats sounds painful and very disgusting

I have ruptured the ligaments on both sides of my ankle 10 days ago (which explains why I am always on here!!!.

My injury was, and still is agony when I move, but to damage the ligaments in your knee is said to be worse, and much more difficult to operate and get good physiotherapy for.

Not a nice injury, if there is such a thing!

36729[/snapback]

How long will it take to heal?